Thanksgiving 2008 - what are you thankful for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoke king

Sous Chef
First off, Mrs SK and I would like to wish each and every one of you a blessed and happy Thanksgiving. Its our wish that you all get to enjoy the day with your loved ones and that its filled with happiness-as it should be.

Which leads me to my question-with 2008 rapidly disappearing in the rear-view mirror, what will you be especially thankful for? No wrong answers on this one folks. I'll go first (and take the obvious one :LOL:) and don't be afraid to post more than once-if your like me, your memory ain't what it used to be!!

I am thankful for DC, and more specifically, all of you. To the handful of you that I am in daily, or near daily communication with, I am especially thankful. You have made me laugh, made me cry, made me think and made me stink (Ok you didn't make me stink, but it rhymed!!) I've never met, and likely never will, any of you, but I don't know what I would do if I ever lost contact with you. Hearing from you, interacting with you, is truly the highlight of my day, and I mean that sincerely.

I am honored, and humbled, that you have accepted me as a part of this community.

Thanks SK... You have a great Holiday too!!!

I'm thankfor for
A wonderful husband, a son who makes me smile and whose laughter fills my heart when I hear it.
I'm thankful for friends both here on DC and in "realLife"
I'm thankful for Mexico and the happiness I feel when there.
I'm thankful that I have tomorrow to look forward to.
I'm thankful for my home and for the family I got when I married Paul.
I'm thankful for laughter and love smiles and hugs.

I am thankful for this forum and the wonderful folks that make this forum special.
As SK has stated, I have made some wonderful friends here that lift my spirits and make my days brighter.
I'm thankful for my health.
I'm thankful for my life.
I'm thankful for the fur babies God has blessed me with.
I'm thankful for the wonderful man that loves me despite my short comings.
I'm thankful that I have this opportunity to give 'THANKS'!

SK.... you are a one of a kind person, I'm thankful that I have gotten to know you and can practically call you a best friend!

One thing I forgot to add... and I'm NOT kissing up!!!

I'm thankful for the wonderful and understanding moderators here at DC. They have helped to shape this forum into the loving and caring place it is.

I feel my mushiness kicking in... so I'm gonna go now!!

Thanks for starting this thread SK!!

I'm thankful for...

Things that I'm thankful for...

1. My good health
2. Having a great doctor
3. Living in Grass Valley, CA
4. My nice one-bedroom apartment
5. A 36-year-old Dodge Dart that still works
6. Loving to cook and bake
7. My home library
8. My 12-year-old SONY TV set
9. Keeping in contact with friends vie e-mail
10. Being retired
11. The view from my livingroom window
12. That I live in the USA

I thank God for my salvation thru His Son Jesus, whom I also thank for not giving up on me.
I'm thankful for all the blessings God has given me, really too numerous to post but will mention some : My children, grandchildren, siblings ,furbabies , home, car, hot and cold running water, the things we seem to take for granted . I am thankful for being an American.

I'm thankful for many things as well. Its not my Thanksgiving but I'm going to post anyway.

I'm thankful for the love and support of my family and all my dear friends. I'm thankful for the physical things I have too, (a home a job etc) and I'm thankful to be Canadian and free.

Most of all though, I think I am thankful that I have "enough".

Right now I am thankful for all the love and support from everyone here at DC especially you, SK and Sattie, who have taken the time to PM me during this sad time to help.

I am thankful for...
my family and their health
my health
the roof over my head
my new job
my friends
our military for giving me all of this to be thankful for!

My health, my family, my home, and all the friends I have made everywhere!

I'm thankful for:
my wonderful hubby
my sweet dogs and my 17 year old cat
good health
having a good, recession proof job
sunny days
good friends
having a relatively happy life - I feel lucky.

I'm thankful that I'm able to wake up every morning, for my health and family. I'm thankful to have God in our lives, peace and love in our hearts. I'm thankful for the bad times we encounter that shape us and help us become stronger. I'm thankful for life.

I am thankful I have managed to get thru the year thus far. For my wife and kids, our home, and the many things we have. I am also thankful for my friends here on DC.
I am also thankful for all the generous people that donate time, money, food, clothing, and toys to those less fortunate these holidays.

Without Buck, I'm having a difficult time feeling very thankful. Intellectually I'm thankful for my health, the roof over my head, my biological family and my DC family. Tears won't let me say more. Just suffice it to say, all you folks at DC are the wind beneath my wings every day.

Katie my dear, be thankful for the time you had with Buck! What if you had never found him?

Remember, you are loved by many...please take comfort in that.

i am thankful for how well i am at seventy years old. no serious complaints.
i am thankful for d.c. it keeps me connected
i am thankful that my family is near.
i am thankful for their good health, specially for georgia
i am thankful for my best bud, thomas, he gives me such joy !!

Now BT, this is going to prove once and for all that I'm not long-winded.

What I'm thankful for;

First and foremost, for my religious beliefs and convictions. They guide me continually. I'd go further into this, but don't think this is allowed on this forum.

My wife and children come next. They are my life.

I'm thankful for my job, and the resources it provides form my family.

I'm thankful that my children have found wonderful companions in marriage.

I'm thankful for my 2 1/2 month old grandaughter and the love her parents give her.

I'm thankful for my good friends, both here in my hometown, and here in DC. There are some here with whom I have developed special bonds. But in truth, all of you are extraordinary people.

There, that's as short as I can get on this subject that is so very broad.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom