Thanksgiving 2014 ~~ For this I'm grateful (add your own)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
~ Arriving safe and sound coming home from vacation. The weather forecast made people a bit skitterish and the driving was challenging, but here we are!

~ Decent health and wealth. Just enough wealth for secure living, not so much that we forget others.

~ Family. Blood family, neighborly family...and my DC family. You guys never fail to educate, encourage, and provide endless hours of amusement. Some of which isn't even intentional! :LOL:

Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday, with Christmas running second. A close second since we'll be spending Christmas with the kids. But Thanksgiving doesn't have any expectations of gifts or decorations or such. Just good food and, hopefully, good company. Enjoy yours. And if you can't, at least put up with the ornery for the one day. ;)

Thank you, Cooking Goddess, for such a lovely thread.

I'm thankful that I'm loved, happy, have a family I cherish, have a comfortable place to live and am healthy. There are many who can't even address any of those areas.

I'm also thankful that I have a husband who loves me, is my knight in shining armor and is my best friend. I am truly blessed.

I am thankful that I have the opportunity to spend countless hours enjoying interaction with our grandchildren. It's such a joy to view the world through their eyes.

Each day is a gift and I am thankful for each and every one of them.

Great thread. My daughter and I were just talking about this today. :wub:
I'm most thankful for family - my 2 daughters and 6 grandchildren are my world. I love them to the moon and back and they love me right back. My youngest daughter is pretty much my best friend. I'm thankful for my brother, my only sibling, who disappears from time to time and can be a pain. :LOL:

Thankful for my health, and owning my own home. Not wealthy, but secure enough for my future.

I'm thankful for my friends here at DC. :wub:

I'm thankful for my crazy, needy, 14 year old kittycat. He drives me nuts sometimes but when he jumps on my lap and purrs, its all worth it, even when he wakes me up at 5AM wanting to go out. :ermm:

Life is good and I'm thankful for every day.

Last edited:
I'm thankful that I live in a country where I can gripe and grumble with my mouth full!

I'm thankful that my family are all in a position to provide for themselves and their families.

I'm thankful that I'm alive to see it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1107001.gif

Snot right....

I'm thankful for my dear DH (yes, doubled!), the rest of my family and friends, including our furry babies, health insurance and my wonderful doctors (since I don't have good health), and my extended Internet family, both here and on Facebook. I hope everyone has a happy, delicious Thanksgiving Day! :)

Last edited:
I am thankful for every day Shrek and I are allowed to have together, thankful for my residents who inspire me and make my work life worth it all. Thankful for DC and the escape it gives me and the friends I have made here.

And pumpkin pie...

Back
Top Bottom