Thanksgiving Blessing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I know we are not supposed to discuss religion, and I'm really not. But do any of you say some sort of blessing over your Thanksgiving meal, or perhaps let everyone take turns telling what he/she has to be thankful for.
It is a good thing to stop and take stock once in a while...think about others who are starving, or living in a war-torn country.

I really rhink rhe most important thing, is feeling the love between you and your friends and family. They don't really care if you burn the rolls...they love you.

This Thanksgiving will be different for us. My uncle, a minister, always said the blessing, but he passed away this summer.

Traditionally, a blessing is always said in my family. This is the first year the Big Dog is running the kitchen, though. Maybe the start to a new tradition?

It's all about giving thanks, regardless of creed. Then it's about the food, of course! And football afterwards (watched, not played!).

My family never did that I remember. My husband Granddad always did, adn since he passed away, we don't. He made sure noone ate until he said the prayers. We sure miss him! He was always making us laugh and at the same time, be so serious.

We've always given thanks, but now it's even sweeter as 5 year old Cade gives the blessing, to hear that sweet little voice say and give thanks, brings tears to my eyes, then a very large smile...

kadesma

FIL always says a quick blessing before we eat.
He always makes us all feel like we are very important and
that he and MIL are very happy that we've joined them for the holiday.

Re saying a blessing/prayer before a meal - I do not & have always felt uncomfortable when a prayer begins prior to eating. I do respect the traditions of others when I am in their home. I am grateful/thankful, but chose to practice/express/convey my feelings in my own way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom