Thanksgiving Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for replying.

My son has to work 12 hours on Thanksgiving. By the time he gets off work at 6pm gets his children from their mothers and shows up it will probably be 7:30. So sense I am getting laid off on the 30th, we are just postponing until a later date.
On Thanksgiving day I will probably have my own recipe of (was chicken) Turkey and rice, Smells like Thanksgiving. Veggies with.

But on the postponed day:

Roast Turkey
Stuffed Ham
Stuffing regular/vegetarian (oldest granddaugher)
Gravy
Mashed russet potatoes
Sweet Potato Casserole with nut crumb topping
Green Beans with lemon pepper
Corn
Cranberry Sauce
Lion House Rolls

Pumpkin and Apple Crunch Pies:chef:
Change in plans. I am cooking on Thanksgiving.:ohmy:

Any interesting (but harmless) kitchen calamaties to report? After Googling & researching on DC and dithering, using my fool-proof (ha) method, I managed to get the turkey fully cooked fully an hour early. Drat. But I just went ahead and sliced and refrigerated, then nuked when my guests arrived.

Any interesting (but harmless) kitchen calamaties to report? After Googling & researching on DC and dithering, using my fool-proof (ha) method, I managed to get the turkey fully cooked fully an hour early. Drat. But I just went ahead and sliced and refrigerated, then nuked when my guests arrived.

No problems here, Shrek and I changed the menu a bit, just not up for a huge meal. We'll see how it goes over the weekend when I have more time.

Stuffing with turkey in it
Smashed potatoes
Gravy
Cranberry sauce

Pumpkin Pie later

was making mushroom gratin and discovered i had no bread crumbs for the top. not to worry, had ritz crackers, made crumbs out of them. looks great, will see how it tastes in about an hour. :LOL:

I decided at that last minute not to make the carrots. With the sprouts and green bean casserol we had more than enough sides.

Since my wife's family is all away this year we did a small Thanksgiving. Just a smoked turkey with an apple sage glaze, apple and sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, smoked turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, candied butternut squash and pumpkin creme brulee(the brulee was wonderful)

I did my turkey unstuffed which was supposed to take 4 1/2 - 5 hours BUT I used convection roast and it was done in 3 hours!! No problem I usually let it rest for several hours before carving. This makes carving so much easier!!

Unstuffed turkey with herb butter (chopped fresh thyme & sage, salt and pepper & sprigs of fresh rosemary under the skin and rubbed on the outside of the skin with the herb butter, salt & ground peppercorns). Cavity is stuffed with sprigs of fresh rosemary, thyme & sage.

img_941903_0_0c2e8f8a968717da4c23ec633f21526d.jpg

Thanksgiving Dinner

Cream cheese, green olive & walnut poppers

img_941903_1_da056f4212a1e925cd30446b8982b1d2.jpg

Cranberry, tangerine & pecan relish (made with Ideal white & brown sugar sub)

img_941903_2_2a812d6af721dd705c2d26b4286702ea.jpg

Carved Turkey

img_941903_3_fa8707361f0b6e13937762ae086f3b7f.jpg

Dinner is served - Turkey, cold fresh string bean salad (sliced garlic, lemon juice, EVOO, sea salt & ground peppercorns), mashed acorn squash & sweet potato (Ideal brown sugar sub, sugar free maple syrup, cinnamon & butter), dressing/stuffing, mashed red & Yukon potatoes (butter, sour cream & fresh chives), sautéed mushrooms, buttered steamed Brussels sprouts, turkey gravy, cranberry, tangerine & pecan relish & olive poppers.

img_941903_4_61b9c1ca742928182c0fedd0afe8a579.jpg

was making mushroom gratin and discovered i had no bread crumbs for the top. not to worry, had ritz crackers, made crumbs out of them. looks great, will see how it tastes in about an hour. :LOL:

Quick thinking, I bet it was great!:)

Back
Top Bottom