That time of year again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Well, this is Thanksgiving week. On Friday, the Christmas party season officially kicks off at work, and it's going to get very busy. As a result, I'm probably not going to be on much, except my days off. One good thing, at least this year my department is fully staffed, unlike last year, when one of my people had to take a medical leave of absence.

I don't want to even think about Christmas this year. I love the lights outside, my husband thinks he's Chevy Chase, we even have to watch the movie every year, but, I just can't get into the season for some reason. I couldn't wait for it and now I don't want it!! I hope you have fun though, AllenMI!

Attachments

• grinch.gif
    grinch.gif
    109 KB · Views: 204
Try to squish in some fun between all the work hours.
We'll still be here when you get back.

texasgirl said:
I don't want to even think about Christmas this year. I love the lights outside, my husband thinks he's Chevy Chase, we even have to watch the movie every year, but, I just can't get into the season for some reason. I couldn't wait for it and now I don't want it!! I hope you have fun though, AllenMI!

It's taking me a while to get in the mood too Texas... but last night
I started thinking about chopping down our Christmas tree and all the decorations I'm going to put up. Maybe you're just getting a slow start.
:):):):)

pdswife said:
It's taking me a while to get in the mood too Texas... but last night
I started thinking about chopping down our Christmas tree and all the decorations I'm going to put up. Maybe you're just getting a slow start.
:):):):)

Maybe once dh get's the outside lights up, I'll be better.
I'm gonna start a thread and get everyone to put pictures of their outside lights.

That's a great idea Texas. I'll have to take a photo of our neighbors though since Paul... refuses to put any on our house. Bah humbug!

Ah yes, 'tis the season, and all that stuff...

It reminds me of the line from the great documentary - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...

"What can I say, except it's the holidays, and everyone's miserable..." :ROFLMAO:

John

ronjohn55

Good to hear from you ronjohn maybe I just am not reading all the posts. You looking forward to the holidays? AllenMI just remember this too shall pass. I am sorry but I don't feel very moody about the holidays. Especially when the weather starts to present problems. Looks great but when you have to shovel and try to get up and down driveway t hat's when I resent the holidays. Seems no one wants to be the one t o have all the family over t o their house. Guess t he cleaning up is bit much. So I usually st art to t hink how shameful I should be when the true meaning of giving makes me feel different. The little ones are the gifts of joy.

ohno... saturday i'm going to walk into work and be stuck listening to christmas carols all day every day that i work !!!!!!

middie said:
ohno... saturday i'm going to walk into work and be stuck listening to christmas carols all day every day that i work !!!!!!

Middie, here in Detroit one of the radio stations went all Christmas AT THE START OF NOVEMBER!!!!!! :mad:

We need that lady from the late 80's early 90's than ran around yelling "STOP THE MADNESS!"

John

In the Kitchen said:
Good to hear from you ronjohn maybe I just am not reading all the posts. You looking forward to the holidays? AllenMI just remember this too shall pass. I am sorry but I don't feel very moody about the holidays. Especially when the weather starts to present problems. Looks great but when you have to shovel and try to get up and down driveway t hat's when I resent the holidays. Seems no one wants to be the one t o have all the family over t o their house. Guess t he cleaning up is bit much. So I usually st art to t hink how shameful I should be when the true meaning of giving makes me feel different. The little ones are the gifts of joy.

HI ITK,

Just got back online in the past week or so - been busy with work and school, but hit a bit of a lull leading up to Thanksgiving. I'll porobably disappear again after this weekend for a week or two again, then should be around more often.

We actually love having family over for the Holidays, but your note reminds me, I gotta go check the snowblower - the starter wasn't working right when it got put up for the summer... :wacko:

John

middie said:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom