The 20 saltiest foods in America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, that's the worst thing about my dh and I eating out-----we've gotten so used to a low salt diet that when we eat out it can sometimes be a challenge but we've found many restaurants who will accomodate us and we always tip well when they do

What a list! I've never eaten any of the items on the list. That's because I don't really care for many of them or we either don't have most of the restaurants in our area or we don't care for the restaurant. The foods would definitely be a challenge for Buck and me because we use very little salt. Never have been big on salt. The examples look like, "have a little food with your salt.":wacko:

What a list! I've never eaten any of the items on the list. That's because I don't really care for many of them or we either don't have most of the restaurants in our area or we don't care for the restaurant. The foods would definitely be a challenge for Buck and me because we use very little salt. Never have been big on salt. The examples look like, "have a little food with your salt.":wacko:

me neither. I've never eaten in any of those restaurants, either, except maybe once or twice in a Dennys on the road.

:):) I have never eaten in any of these places except Dennys when I was younger which was after the bar closed and we all would go get breakfast:angel: Not to worry because I'm sure I still get way more salt than I should in my food.:ohmy:

Didn't see PREPARED in the original thread or link. not until I sidelined to seperate links. SORRY!

does prepared = the sum of its parts?

:LOL: You must report to the woodshed immediately and no jacuzzi for the first 30 minutes! Also, Phillipe (he's the one that speaks French) was told no pedicure until tomorrow - manicure and facial are fine! :cool: :LOL: Hey, I've upgraded the woodshed just in case I have to go.

Me first, me first. Who wants to come? Who wants to bring the weenies? Who wants to bring the marshmallows?
We'll sent the place ablaze and have a PAR TAA!!!!!
Cocktails, anyone?????????

well, to think that one of my fav snacks in high school was saltine crackers and dill pickles and No I wasn't pregnant either.........god, my blood pressure is probably on the rise just reading this thread :)

OHMYGOSH, I can't imagine any of this sodium is actually necessary. Is anybody else bothered by this? My body just can't tolerate all this sodium, and I find that every day older I get, the worse it seems to affect me.

Last night we stopped at Culvers, sort of a regional frozen custard/burger chain, and after two chicken fingers I felt bad from the sodium. It makes it very hard to eat out ... I find that salad dressings and soups are the worst.

interesting list. thankfully, i can't recall eating in any of those places, and don't plan to.

however, some of the suggestions in the list for how to make it healthier are stupid. like many nutritionists, they miss the point of why we choose to eat something.

for instance, how about the rigatoni romano. that's rigatoni with sausage and a cheesey sauce. their suggestion was to have plain sauce and chicken. well, then why order rigatoni romano?
or have a steak instead of having beef stroganoff, in the beef category. they're not the same thing. why would i order a hunk o' beef if i wanted it with gravy and noodles?

for the chinese food, it says to skip the fried rice with the beef and broccoli. ok, i thought they were seperate dishes to begin with.

and never eat fajitas at any cost, anywhere.

men's health needs better editors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom