The Anagram Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
personally, i like the 'twist' in the original game, and think it makes for a more interesting exercise. AND i confess to being both old and inflexible.:) sorry, making long lists of words seems a lot like playing 'boggle' in longhand, and, well,...a bit boring, to me. i'll still show up at your other anagram game though, snippers.:)

Makes no difference to me whether we make one word or many. I believe you said you wanted to change it.
I tend to see more than one at first glance. My mind works in anagrams :LOL:
Maybe I am nuts :p

gelatinous....snout, late, slate, gout, angel, stain, tangle, tingle, single, singe, glue, genus

egalitarian

*play it as it lays...(joan didion)--and you get to determine how it lays for you....:)

well, I think I agree with Vitauta. The original game is great and just because maybe someone was a bit confused as to Keltin's original instructions I don't think we should change his game.
Just a reminder or kind explanation of the rules would suffice. I think. Anyways. Sorry. :)
But to get back on track.... Keltin.... where are you?

egalitarian... train

vegetation

well, I think I agree with Vitauta. The original game is great and just because maybe someone was a bit confused as to Keltin's original instructions I don't think we should change his game.
Just a reminder or kind explanation of the rules would suffice. I think. Anyways. Sorry. :)
But to get back on track.... Keltin.... where are you?

egalitarian... train

vegetation

Vegetation.. eating

Milkshake

watermelon....term, melon, normal, warm, loner, meter, moan, newer, water, leaner

interment

( Thought you didn't like my way of playing it?)

Interment..... eminent, enter, intent, entire, merit, meter, metre, miner, mitten, net, mint, nine, rennet, termite, timer, trim, mere, nit...

Cornflakes

what i meant, snip, is that simply making long lists of words can get monotonous for me. but i'm seeing that this game allows for much latitude in playing. so i type one full line of anagrams, or until i get tired of doing them. what i won't be doing is this kind:
team...meat, mate, tame, meta

one of the things that makes this game more interesting for me, (a tweak)-- is to involve the original word in forming the new word. my new word, 'iinterment' used 6 letters from your 'watermelon'. using interment as the original word, i might come up with 'terminal', which uses 6 letters from interment. and of course the more letters that i incorporate, the more satisfied i am with the 'new word' i've chosen.

that's a very long answer to your question, snip, but the short answer is that my personal criteria for what i consider to be an interesting game, were in no way meant as a criticism of you or 'your way'.

cornflakes...sack, flak, lakes, rankle, slake, corn, skate. cask. clone, stark, frank, freaks

fantastic

what i meant, snip, is that simply making long lists of words can get monotonous for me. but i'm seeing that this game allows for much latitude in playing. so i type one full line of anagrams, or until i get tired of doing them. what i won't be doing is this kind:
team...meat, mate, tame, meta

one of the things that makes this game more interesting for me, (a tweak)-- is to involve the original word in forming the new word. my new word, 'iinterment' used 6 letters from your 'watermelon'. using interment as the original word, i might come up with 'terminal', which uses 6 letters from interment. and of course the more letters that i incorporate, the more satisfied i am with the 'new word' i've chosen.

that's a very long answer to your question, snip, but the short answer is that my personal criteria for what i consider to be an interesting game, were in no way meant as a criticism of you or 'your way'.

cornflakes...sack, flak, lakes, rankle, slake, corn, skate. cask. clone, stark, frank, freaks

fantastic

That was how I meant for it to be played, just like you just said :LOL:

Fantastic..... Fanta, Santa, Fans, fan, Stain, Antics, Facts, Faints, Fanatics.

Fabulous

premature...pure, mare, true, rape, peat, tramp, mere, team, rupee, repeat, pate

euphemistic

ollie, ollie oxen free, guys...c'mon back, water's fine :)

euphemistic....chemist, chimps, pest, mist, emetic, empties, hemp, meet, site, ethics, itches, hitch, items, music, pieces...

chemistry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom