The Anagram Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’ve been kicking around an idea for game that might be fun. It’s an anagram game where you make a word from a given word. Once you do so, you post the next word for use. BUT, you do not have to use all of the letters from the originating word (like true anagrams strive to do).

For example:

bottleneck..................kettle

calculator

Using some of the letters from bottleneck, I formed kettle. Then I post the next word to be used which I’ve decided should be “calculator”. Calculator seems tough at first glance, but it’s rather easy:

calculator..........rat

Since you don’t have to use all of the letters, any valid word is acceptable! The only rule is that the word you make has to be a different and valid word, and the word you post for use must not only be valid, but must have at least one other word available for construction.

That is, you yourself should know at least one word that can be made from the word you post for use.

For example, you can’t post “do” as your word since there is obviously nothing to be made from that. But you could post “food” since someone else could make “do” from it.

So, if anyone wants to give it a go, let’s start with the word:

marriage

here is an explanation of the rules for this anagram game as they appeared at the beginning of this thread. check them out, and join us--let's play!

but, butter, cot, butte

margarine

I found another game to this one but I'll try it. Maybe we should just change it to making as many words as possible from one word?

Margarine
Gram, Grain, Grin, Range, Marginare, Germ, Mare, Rage, Air, Game, Age, Grim, Grime, Mine, Marina.....

Shortening

Okie dokie ... I'm flexible .. well to a point .. I'm old and sometimes flexing hurts LOL

Shortening

short, shorten, gin, gosh, grin, grins, tens, ten, sight, night, tins, tin

tablet

Okie dokie ... I'm flexible .. well to a point .. I'm old and sometimes flexing hurts LOL

Shortening

short, shorten, gin, gosh, grin, grins, tens, ten, sight, night, tins, tin

tablet

Tablet

late, ate, bate, table, bet, bat, beat, teat, ate, eat, tale, ale, tab, let, tate, lab, able, bale.

Meatloaf

personally, i like the 'twist' in the original game, and think it makes for a more interesting exercise. AND i confess to being both old and inflexible.:) sorry, making long lists of words seems a lot like playing 'boggle' in longhand, and, well,...a bit boring, to me. i'll still show up at your other anagram game though, snippers.:)

hmmm.... kind of like the recipes here on DC too. Starts out one way and by the time everyone adds & subtracts to the recipe, in the end it's completely different. hehe:yum:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom