The Apprentice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Are you going to watch this season? This is the one reality show that I watch (and enjoy).

I don't remember any of their names yet, but I think the PM from the losing team should have been fired, not the girl who was let go. She was pretty dumb in the end for trying to stick up for the PM and I don't really blame Trump for firing her, but at least fire them both. He did not do anything as a leader. I think it was his fault that the phone campaign did not work even though she only made one call. What was she supposed to say to entice these busy restaurant owners to come down to the store? Come on please, I will give you a free tote bag. that just wouldn't fly and she knew that so why waste time making those calls. Sure she should have spoken up and said something, but the PM should have seen this as a problem and given her more to work with.

I also think it as spiteful and stupid and manipulative that he pulled that younger guy into the boardroom too. He basically said he only did it because he did not back him up in front of Trump.

OK what did everyone else think?

I like the show, but can't help wondering - are George and Carolyn the same person?:ROFLMAO:

my boy wants me to put him to bed these days, which is becoming quite a feat of patience, so i have to tape all of the primetime shows that i want to watch. i'm gonna watch it tonight, along with fox sunday, survivor, and the amazing race. i'm getting good at watching videotapes in fast forward.

Hi GB, I watch Apprentince although it's losing steam as the seasons go by. It's the same melodrama and the challenges seem the same in terms of difficulty as well. There is nothing new anymore.

I agree however that both the PM and the girl should have been fired. The girl had nothing but attitude and kept on interrupting and bragging how she knows how to run a seamless operation and blah blah blah. The PM on the other hand was not a good leader. Good leaders don't pull down people just because they do not agree with them.

I actually like the season when they had boys vs girls and especially the Ferrari challenge. The guys thought the girls did not stand a chance but I loved how the girls ad rocked and connected with the emotions of the buyers and beat them to fair and square.

buckytom said:
my boy wants me to put him to bed these days, which is becoming quite a feat of patience, so i have to tape all of the primetime shows that i want to watch. i'm gonna watch it tonight, along with fox sunday, survivor, and the amazing race. i'm getting good at watching videotapes in fast forward.

You might like The Nanny. Really cute show. I watch tapes in reverse. Saves lots of time. :LOL:

Bucky you need to get a DVR. It will change your TV viewing habits forever. It is one of those "how did I live without it before" items. I actually watched The Apprentice an hour later because DW wanted to watch something else we had just taped because we were watching yet another thing in the same time slot.

Yakuta I totally agree with you. It is not fresh anymore. It is the same old same old time and time again. My wife, who is the one who got me hooked on this show in the first place, will not watch anymore for the very reasons you pointed out.

lol mish...:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

fran drescher reminds me of a girl from astoria that i dated in college. same voice and accent, and big hair and clothes.
funny thing, my best memory of her was after lacrosse games, her mom would cook me up the best garlic rubbed steaks and italian salads that i've ever had in my life. ahhh, sweet memories.
i wish i could remember her name tho... (j/k)

gb, i guess i should get a dvr. i've avoided it because i really don't need another reason to not sleep.

buckytom said:
lol mish...:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

fran drescher reminds me of a girl from astoria that i dated in college. same voice and accent, and big hair and clothes.
funny thing, my best memory of her was after lacrosse games, her mom would cook me up the best garlic rubbed steaks and italian salads that i've ever had in my life. ahhh, sweet memories.
i wish i could remember her name tho... (j/k)

gb, i guess i should get a dvr. i've avoided it because i really don't need another reason to not sleep.

:LOL: BT. That's the old Nanny. This one is the version with the English lady... where the kids keep getting out of bed and the parents keep putting them back in bed, to the tune of Johnny? Be Good, Be Good. Sadly, Mr. Sheffield is not in this one. LOL. BT, can we get the recipes? :LOL:

Last edited:
oh, ok, i know that one mish, the nanny that only has that one ugly purple-ish suit and drives up in an english black taxi.
ya know, i actually paid attention to some of her suggestions for future reference.
unfortunately, so did dw, so now i get a lot of timeouts in the bad boy corner. :)

buckytom said:
oh, ok, i know that one mish, the nanny that only has that one ugly purple-ish suit and drives up in an english black taxi.
ya know, i actually paid attention to some of her suggestions for future reference.
unfortunately, so did dw, so now i get a lot of timeouts in the bad boy corner. :)

Yep, that's the one. LOL. We all need some quiet time. LOL Those little chairs are a little uncomfortable.:LOL:

Last edited:
I watched ... and yawned the entire way through it.
I thought both teams had really bad ideas for promoting SAM'S.
They could have come up with much better ideas. And I think that only losing by three sign ups was not that big of a deal. Only getting 40 people to sign up for the better card seemed really bad too me... have you guys been to Costco or Sam's lately? Hundreds and hundreds of people walk through the door every day.

Anyway... I agree that both of them should have been fired... but... Summer should have known better to interuput THE DONALD. He does'nt like it... lol. And she didn't do as she was told by her pm. Leadership was lacking... Terek should have checked in with Summer and pushed her to make more calls, he should have come up with a better plan.

That being said and my being a girl... I'm glad Terek still there. He's something nice to look at while the shows boring the heck out of me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom