The Banana And Mayo Sandwich.. Would you eat it???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you eat a banana and Mayo Sandwich??

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
There should be a 'maybe' button with a qualifying box to give reasons!

For myself, my immediate thought was maybe...i.e. if it was also with ham and peach or with sultanas and roasted peanuts (sounds odder than the original question doesn't it!?) :wacko:

I might make a banana and peanut butter sandwich, but I just can't imagine banana with mayo. Yuck!

Um, just plain no. Since I too like PB&B sandwiches, I might try PB and maduros. These are ripe (skin is either completely or mostly black), sweet plantains which get pan fried and salted.

I voted yes, although I can't say it would purely be mayo / bananas.

Mayo and peanut butter is good.
Mayo, peanut butter with bacon is better.
Add bananas and it would probably be terrific.

I would probably add a squirt of lemon juice or zest to the mayo with bananas. Or maybe a touch of ground cardamom.

Bananas and mayo by itself, not so much.

I'd have an issue with the texture. Bananas and mayo are both, um, slimy IMHO.

Must have mayo. And I really don't mind bananas, in their place (as my grandma would say, usually in reference to dogs). Like in banana bread or bananas Foster in NOLA. Otherwise, bananas and mayo just sounds wrong. But to each his own.

I grew up in Iowa in the 60's and love peanut butter, banana and mayo sandwiches and had one for lunch. My mom made them for us all the time.

Not this part of the South! Eww! :LOL:

I agree, but asking my wife again yesterday for verification on the two ingredients, she informed me that her family always had this sandwich.
Since she was born and raised in the deep south, I will assume it is a regional favorite.
Do people in your neck of the woods crumble up cornbread into buttermilk? Make a mash out of it?
I find this to be disgusting, yet many of my friends here love it. And its totally a regional thing. Not to say other people may like it as well.

I agree, but asking my wife again yesterday for verification on the two ingredients, she informed me that her family always had this sandwich.
Since she was born and raised in the deep south, I will assume it is a regional favorite.
Do people in your neck of the woods crumble up cornbread into buttermilk? Make a mash out of it?
I find this to be disgusting, yet many of my friends here love it. And its totally a regional thing. Not to say other people may like it as well.

Have to agree with you, RB. Not something I'd be interested in. But once again, to each his own.

We're not big on cornbread up here, but my former SIL, from Alabama, loved it in any way, shape, or form. I've never gotten used to cornbread stuffing/dressing. Just don't like it.

RB, my Mama loved her cornbread and buttermilk, and she had to have it in a tall ice tea glass and eat it with an ice tea spoon. The memory makes me smile. She spent her childhood in Texas before going to California.

No, I can't.
I can't like the banana/mayo thing. I don't particularly like the mushy bread or even good bread with that.

I'd do it for a cause, on a dare, with a fox in a box, but not for either nutrition or enjoyment.

Have to agree with you, RB. Not something I'd be interested in. But once again, to each his own.

We're not big on cornbread up here, but my former SIL, from Alabama, loved it in any way, shape, or form. I've never gotten used to cornbread stuffing/dressing. Just don't like it.
I can't stand cornbread stuffing ... it's to .......................... mushy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom