The BEST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Got to share with all of you this loving story. Finally a good one I read in the newspaper.

A young man,26 and his dog were up in the mountains of Colorado. After six weeks they discovered the guy had committed suicide and the dog a lab, stayed with him the whole time. He was dehydrated and skinny, and he must have survived on mice, rabbits, and other wild things. The dog never left his owner's side. If this isn't some kind of supernatural loyalty I don't know what is.

dogs always seem to amaze me at the intelligence and gifts they have, that people are not even aware of. My hope is that people will not abuse them and regard them as valuable in the crazy society we have to live in today.

Please protect and love your pets. They are worth it.

I read that story and I too am amazed at the loyalty these creatures have. Dogs will never cease to amaze me and I feel blessed to have the two companions that I have.

And I agree ITK... they are worth it!

My Cooper almost always never leave me in peace either...sometimes he can be too much. Anyway, thanks for the story. It really touches my heart especially that last night's training brought me to tears and was almost a disaster when my little one decided he wanted to play at class instead of do his tasks. So no more honey breakfast cereals for him either on class weeks.:ermm:

What I can't understand is how anyone could commit suicide with their loyal animal at their side - I'd never leave Gidgett in the lurch like that!

A heartwarming story to be sure. There is no doubt in my mind that dogs are not the "dumb" animals that many people make them out to be, and I personally find it more than a little ironic that "D-O-G" spelled backwards is "God"

Their unconditional love and loyalty could serve as a life lesson for each and every one of us.

Speaking as someone who is reeling with grief over the unexpected loss of a beloved companion, treat them with same love, respect and honor that they show you. Your time together is far too short.

Back
Top Bottom