"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
Master Chef

The Best a Man Can Get

I know, I'm plagerizing a Gillette Shaving commercial, But this really is the best a man can get. Got called up and invited to go fishing on the boat of a man I didn't even know (brother of a friend). Between three of us, we caught 1 keeper walleye, 1 walleye that was too small to keep, 1 very large bullhead, and 1 perch. Not a great catch. But I got to make a new friend, and enjoy a completely stress-free day. Then, my youngest boy took DW and me out to dinner. Then PAG called just to talk. Then I opened the mail and got my Father's Day give from my oldest boy, 12 spools of different colored tinsel for fly tying (phenomenal gift), and so, called to thank him and got to talk for awhile. Finally, Sprout called for some cullinary advise, and to chit-chat with her old man.

So, to sum it up, got to make a new friend, and go fishing, all day, and got to talk to all of my kids, in one day. I'm monetarily broke until payday (a couple of days), but today, I am the richest man in the world.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #2
Master Chef

You're right Chief, you don't have to have money to be wealthy. Much better to be rich in health, friends, and love. Glad you had such a great day!

Old 06-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Sounds like you had a fantastic day. I miss taking the FIL out fishing on Father's Day. The men would fish while us girls (me and the hubby's mom) would sit in the shade watching them catch our supper which I would cook up when we got home.