The best you ever made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
What is the best dish you've ever made? I'm talking about the one that got more rave reviews than any other. It can be as simple as a great mac & cheese, or as fancy as a multi-course Chinese meal.

The most successful, and hence, the best dish I've ever made is a toss-up between some very good bone-in rib eye steaks, cooked on the grill for my family, and homemade semi-sourdough pigs in the blanket.

What do I think my best dish is? Without having to worry what anyone else thinks, I think my best dish is my smoked turkey. It comes out super juicy, with a beautiful color and that rich, smoky flavor that I love.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

For me it was the first time I duplicated a stuffed onion that my late m-i-l called hers..My dh adores them and I surprised him with some on his birthday..The look on his face after the first one was priceless.
kadesma:)

The dish I get the most requests for is my hot artichoke/parm dip. My personal best, I think, was this year my boeuf bourgoinion (don't feel like looking it up) came out better than usual. I only make it every few years, pulling out every cookbook that has a recipe for it, and this year's was the best.

The best meal that my family still talks about was Beef Shish kabobs and Basil Shrimp Skewers. The beef was good and tender and shrimp was perfectly grilled after beilng marinated in basil white wine marinade. I made this meal a few years ago for Father's Day and it is still one of my all time favorites.

my chicken casserole is loved by all except one granddaughter. too spicy for her. it used to be everyone's bday request til i got sick of making it twelve or so times of year. i make menu choice now, lol. the cook rules.

I asked my husband this question, and he is a sweet smart man, he said, "There are too many to narrow it down to just one" LOL. We decided on my turkey dinner (turkey, stuffing, baked potatoes, green bean casserole or broccoli wild rice casserole and Joe's coleslaw), and my chocolate raspberry torte. Pies were mentioned too, as was my lemon chicken and my chicken cacciatore.

Back
Top Bottom