The British Have a Word For It

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"i'm quite knackered myself. over the last month or so, i've worked 1 week of days, 2 weeks of midnights, 1 week of days, and i'm back on the midnight shift again. next week, back on days."

Sounds exhausting, Solution....

Put on you whistle and flute, head of down the frog and toad and grab yourself a sharp half at the kings head. :cool:

buckytom said:
...i'm quite knackered myself. over the last month or so, i've worked 1 week of days, 2 weeks of midnights, 1 week of days, and i'm back on the midnight shift again. next week, back on days.

Whoa!:ohmy: That'll make you knackered and bonkers fer sure.:wacko: Nothing like shift work to make you love your employers. Hope you can get some kind of steady schedule soon.

That goes for you too Romany123

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

YT2095 said:
a little Info-byte if your interested, Knackered goes Way back, old retired horses would go off to the Knackers yard for... well nevermind.

and that`s where the saying came from :)

Yes, and didn't parents caution their naughty wayward children about the Knacker Man? or is that warning for sluggish colleagues?

In any case, it's been a long week and I'm ready to take the easy way out and just lie here waiting to be turned into glue!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom