The Crafting Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are cute, Suzi!

I just made a tutu and matching headband for Abbie's Halloween costume. It was much easier than I thought it would be. I'll post pics after I go to a Halloween party this Sat.

I have about a dozen projects in various stages of completion. Unfortunately, my class schedule right now along with traveling to football games and other activities leaves little time for fun projects. When I get some free time I'm here on DC or vegging in front of the tube. Don't even have the desire to read most nights. I enjoy cross stitch, thread crochet and sewing. I know knitting basics but not enough to make more than a scarf.

LOL noooo share those manly man crafts also!!! lol
Lets see that engine your workin on or the new BBQ smokers you made out of an oil barrel!! :)
Serriously though I know I can speak for everyone when I say any projects are welcome!

Here's an occasional table I made a while back. Only pics I have of it right now. The top and sides are Birch plywood, the frame is Honduras Mohogany. All the joints are mortise and tenon. I keep it next to my club chair in the livingroom.

img_707752_0_15fabbc72afd544af63f10a6bfedf7bb.jpg

img_707752_1_d16428a76e7c868aa71f6b1c4626a422.jpg

I am a bit behind here (what else is new LOL!!!) but I have been working on my crochet so I can post it, and of course finally give it to the now 5 week old recipient!

Jeekins, your table is gorgeous! I love woodwork. I wish I had a picture of the pine moveable kitchen island my DH made me for our old house. I have always complained that normal counters are too low for me so he and a friend surprised me by making one just at my height. Unfortunately it doesn't fit in our current house so we gave it to our church's youth group for their "cafe". It is a perfect serving counter.

Barbara, I love your pillows. And I agree that the purple is the cutest! I wish I could get myself motivated to sew again.

Back
Top Bottom