The Crafting Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is one.

img_764960_0_f7178cf9726f986d769da2ec89a3d59a.jpg

I can't find a photo of the other one. It is this color with blue, pink, and green tiny polka dots.

img_764960_1_d8910a9791bb78e35828c8d14c317f30.jpg

I don't know where that photo went! But if I find it I will edit this post.

Here it is! The colors really do match the stripe and the lemon fabric. I took the photo on my cell phone.
img_764960_2_311e128bb1399c945473de51f901ecb9.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your encouragement. Between you and Elf, you stimulate me to start.

Here is one.

img_765082_0_f7178cf9726f986d769da2ec89a3d59a.jpg

I can't find a photo of the other one. It is this color with blue, pink, and green tiny polka dots.

img_765082_1_d8910a9791bb78e35828c8d14c317f30.jpg

I don't know where that photo went! But if I find it I will edit this post.

Here it is! The colors really do match the stripe and the lemon fabric. I took the photo on my cell phone.
img_765082_2_311e128bb1399c945473de51f901ecb9.jpg

i have pillow covers using the stripe. a on line place called windowtoppers.com has the covers, fabric etc. it is in my sunroom. actually three of them. loving them.

Here's my latest:

Attachments

• abbies dress front.JPG
    abbies dress front.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 164
  • abbies dress.JPG
    abbies dress.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 13849669-c93c-11dd-9b7f-0015171a6360w.jpg
    13849669-c93c-11dd-9b7f-0015171a6360w.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 34
  • barrett christmas 08s.jpg
    barrett christmas 08s.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 163
Oh my gosh B's they're getting so big!!!! That dress is too cute!

Those babies are soooo cute, Michelle! I can't believe your daughter is that big already. And your boy is such a handsome fellow.

I couldn't see clearly, but is there beading on the overskirt on your little girl's dress? It is so pretty. Does she love being dressed up like a little princess? (I miss so much having a little girl to make dresses for.)

Those babies are soooo cute, Michelle! I can't believe your daughter is that big already. And your boy is such a handsome fellow.

I couldn't see clearly, but is there beading on the overskirt on your little girl's dress? It is so pretty. Does she love being dressed up like a little princess? (I miss so much having a little girl to make dresses for.)

It's not beading, exactly. The fabric came with glitter and very small rhinestones glued to it. Yes, with hot glue, I think. It made my iron disgusting and I had to pick it all off where I was going to sew, but it was worth it--I've always been a sucker for sparkles.

She did love being dressed up. She loved the sound the taffeta made when she would move so she kept kicking her feet and waving her arms. It was really cute.

It's not beading, exactly. The fabric came with glitter and very small rhinestones glued to it. Yes, with hot glue, I think. It made my iron disgusting and I had to pick it all off where I was going to sew, but it was worth it--I've always been a sucker for sparkles.

She did love being dressed up. She loved the sound the taffeta made when she would move so she kept kicking her feet and waving her arms. It was really cute.
That's so cute - my daughters loved the "whooshing" sound of taffeta and silk too. And they always adored dresses with long full skirts. They would twirl around until they were dizzy. When I was a foster mother, I would often have 3 or 4 little girls all around the same age. I loved making each of them matching dresses in different colors and then watch them become a twirling rainbow of color dancing around the house!

Oh yes, hot glue glitter. It is such a mess on the iron. And it kills your sewing machine needles! It's almost as bad as sewing with sequined fabric!

I have never sewn with sequined fabric. It sounds like I had better avoid it. :LOL:
The worst though, was the velvet I made Barrett's vest out of. It was the stretchy stuff and is impossible to pin a pattern on and cut it without it becoming misshapen, and sewing is even worse. It's a good thing it was black so you can't see how badly it was sewn!

Back
Top Bottom