"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #211
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
It's not beading, exactly. The fabric came with glitter and very small rhinestones glued to it. Yes, with hot glue, I think. It made my iron disgusting and I had to pick it all off where I was going to sew, but it was worth it--I've always been a sucker for sparkles.

She did love being dressed up. She loved the sound the taffeta made when she would move so she kept kicking her feet and waving her arms. It was really cute.
That's so cute - my daughters loved the "whooshing" sound of taffeta and silk too. And they always adored dresses with long full skirts. They would twirl around until they were dizzy. When I was a foster mother, I would often have 3 or 4 little girls all around the same age. I loved making each of them matching dresses in different colors and then watch them become a twirling rainbow of color dancing around the house!

Oh yes, hot glue glitter. It is such a mess on the iron. And it kills your sewing machine needles! It's almost as bad as sewing with sequined fabric!

Old 01-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #212
Sous Chef

I have never sewn with sequined fabric. It sounds like I had better avoid it.
The worst though, was the velvet I made Barrett's vest out of. It was the stretchy stuff and is impossible to pin a pattern on and cut it without it becoming misshapen, and sewing is even worse. It's a good thing it was black so you can't see how badly it was sewn!

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote