The Crafting Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Suziequzie, I can completely understand the mentality. I posted this many, many, years ago on a similar thread, but there's a lot more "new" faces here.

Back in the '90's, I used to do Native American Beadwork. I learned while I was in the Boy Scouts, and continued until my mid-20's. I should still have some pictures, somewhere; I'll have to find and post a few.

It's meticulous, mind-numbingly boring work. But, I was completely addicted. I would finish one project, and immediately start another. Most projects were a "study", first of how to make the object, then afterwards, in patterns and color combinations. Sometimes I would make something just to try out some different beads.

Ok, I found one. I think I've posted this before.

cane1gq1.jpg

Suziequzie, I can completely understand the mentality. I posted this many, many, years ago on a similar thread, but there's a lot more "new" faces here.

Back in the '90's, I used to do Native American Beadwork. I learned while I was in the Boy Scouts, and continued until my mid-20's. I should still have some pictures, somewhere; I'll have to find and post a few.

It's meticulous, mind-numbingly boring work. But, I was completely addicted. I would finish one project, and immediately start another. Most projects were a "study", first of how to make the object, then afterwards, in patterns and color combinations. Sometimes I would make something just to try out some different beads.

Ok, I found one. I think I've posted this before.

Allen, A friend of my grandmother taught me this art when I was about 9. I made tons of stuff and even helped adorn costumes for our grade 12 production of Annie Get Your Gun. But I too have let it go. You do absolutely beautiful and intricate work!

Here is my "famed" cupcake cake. It was all supposed to be one tower but there was too much weight and... it would have been too tall for the bride to cut the top later! LOL!! So we did a lot of creative changes on the fly. There are 15 dozen cupcakes in vanilla, carrot, cappuccino, banana and chocolate. I have learned a lot and my next cupcake wedding cake will be a lot better. But they were happy with it.

Attachments

• n570091122_1176680_5209.jpg
    n570091122_1176680_5209.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 163
Wow... I see some real talent out here! I'm not to crafty myself (well, I have a fish tank I have been working on for 2 years now, maybe I will post that when I get it stood up!)

Anyhow... this here is about my speed:

maxi-pad_slippers.jpg

My maxi-pad slippers!!!

I hope nobody is offended. I don't want to undermine those that have true talent!!!

My grandma, Mom, and her two sisters have always been "crafters" - my sister finally got into it a few years ago. They do all kinds of stuff - tatting, knitting, crochet, embroidery, scrapbooking, etc. I have one DIL who makes fantastic cakes (wish I had some pictures of the things she has produced).

My ex-wife used to make brooms:

images

Sattie, that is probably the funniest craft idea I have EVER seen. So glad you are back!

It was an email that I got from a friend many years ago. I kept it because it made me laugh till I cried. I really could see myself making those things!!! I don't have any slippers you know!!! :LOL:

Here's a couple more pieces. The lighting was horrible so forgive the picture quality.

Lamp

img_709703_0_a7eedde57bedc6074fd59c7c13caabfb.jpg

img_709703_1_fa9da6ac57688110d0f192514b7441f7.jpg

Do-Dad Box, the idea was to keep all the remotes in it to clean up the coffee table. Wound up holing everything but the remotes.

img_709703_2_152bf7d5783034dcf067bbc26a217e6c.jpg

A design I saw in a woodworking magazine ad for formica. Supposed to be a bonsai tree.

img_709703_3_740f5f9f7645e9c136ab5ae7e9212ca8.jpg

omg that just made my day do you think i could make them and sell them at the next craft show??? lol lol

:LOL::LOL: You never know!!! Could be a market for these things!

Jeeks... that is some pretty nice wood working. Had no idea!

Back
Top Bottom