The Crafting Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that box Jeekins...
The beads are incredible Allen.....
Laurie youe cakes always rock!!!
I'd post another craft but a bagel sandwich is all I can offer at this time..
Gotta wait til I get home.
:)

This thread got my fingers itchy to craft. We'll be camping next weekend for the homecoming game at University of Virginia where our son plays tuba in the marching band. Lat game was windy and cold so I decided t make a stadium blanket. I ended up with enough material to make two, one large one small. I got both of them done in about 3 hours. They were very easy. Hope the pic comes out well. This is my first attempt at attaching a pic to a post.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• UVA blanket.jpg
    UVA blanket.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 114
Those look great Jabbur!!!!
I never did figure out how to make the tied fringie blankets....
Oh boy, I feel a new craft comin' on.......
;)

It is so easy! Get 2 pieces of fleece the same size and whatever color or print you want. Lay it out flat and match edges. Cut out a 4" square from each corner. Then cut 1" strips 4" into each edge. Tie the strips together and you're done. Here's a link to the site I got the instructions from. It has pics of each stage.
No Sew Fleece Blankets - How To Make A Fleece Blanket
I had fun making them and they were sooo easy! Hope you get to make one yourself. You may get hooked!

LOL ya right like I need more crafts to get hooked on!!!!
Thanks for the link!

I hear ya on that one. I have a dormer room upstairs that is just my crafting stuff. There's yarn, and floss, and cross stitch books and picture frames and fabric and ribbon and beads etc. I even overflowed out into the extra bedroom and have my sewing machine and table set up out there since I can barely walk into my craft room!

Hehe....
So my guess is you also have yards and yards of fabric you bought that is no longer age or gender appropriate for anyone living in your home....

You betcha! I also have 3 scrub tops cut out and ready to sew together and haven't worked in the medical field for almost 4 years now! I have stuff for a country dance outfit. Haven't done that in over 10 years! Since all that is stuffed into that dormer room with the door closed, I don't see it everyday and so it sits. Since going back to school, reading, writing and studying has taken precedence over crafts.

Jeenkz, love the wood works. I love making things with wood. I have been able to in a long time though. I enjoyed making these and my yard art for the 4th, xmas and easter.

Attachments

• eagle flag.jpg
    eagle flag.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 149
  • wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 164
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 161
Here is my "famed" cupcake cake. It was all supposed to be one tower but there was too much weight and... it would have been too tall for the bride to cut the top later! LOL!! So we did a lot of creative changes on the fly. There are 15 dozen cupcakes in vanilla, carrot, cappuccino, banana and chocolate. I have learned a lot and my next cupcake wedding cake will be a lot better. But they were happy with it.

<PERK> Cappuchino cupcakes? Would you be willing to part with the recipe? Or, if you have already posted it, point me in that direction?

When my father was in the US Navy, we lived in Japan for a few years. I remember that my mother took a cake dec. class. She used to bake the most interesting cakes! I remember a special clamp-together cake pan that produced a baby bear, sitting on it's rump. If you shaved off the ears before you decorated, it could become a baby person. Unfortunately, I don't have pics of those cakes. Somewhere, I think I still have her "certificate" for finishing the class, mounted.

I had to work a week in the bakeshop in college as part of my degree program. I learned one thing; I am NOT a cake-dec person. Those folks that can do this are truly artists. Your cakes look wonderful, and I love the wedding cupcake tower.

Alan, since half of DC has already made them (J/K, I think it is probably only a third LOL) have already made them in some form or other, there is no problem giving you the recipe. You will find it here. Let me know how they work for you. It will be interesting to ready the thread for ideas before you make them.

Alan, since half of DC has already made them (J/K, I think it is probably only a third LOL) have already made them in some form or other, there is no problem giving you the recipe. You will find it here. Let me know how they work for you. It will be interesting to ready the thread for ideas before you make them.

oh no! Now I want to make them again and I've promised Paul that I wouldn't do any more baking before I left. Sigh...what to do..what to do????;)

This thread got my fingers itchy to craft. We'll be camping next weekend for the homecoming game at University of Virginia where our son plays tuba in the marching band. Lat game was windy and cold so I decided t make a stadium blanket. I ended up with enough material to make two, one large one small. I got both of them done in about 3 hours. They were very easy. Hope the pic comes out well. This is my first attempt at attaching a pic to a post.:rolleyes:

OMG!!! Broncos colors!!!!:):-p:ROFLMAO::):ROFLMAO:

I don't have a picture of it (maybe I can get one later), but I made a no-sew fleece throw for James last year. I kept hearing how much easier they are to make than sewing one. It wasn't hard to make, but I thought I would never finish tying all that fringe! James loves it. It has one Chicago Cubs fabric on one side and another Cubs fabric on the reverse side.

:)Barbara

Okay, I can finally post a picture of my craft. It's the tutu and headband Abbie is wearing.

Attachments

• happy ballerina.JPG
    happy ballerina.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 150
Back
Top Bottom