The Crafting Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a pattern yesterday to make legogirl some flannel pajama pants....
thought I would dust off the sewing machine. All the patterns I had for the boys were too big!!!!
So, hopefully by the end of the week I will be posting some Sesame Street pajama pants.
:)

when grandkids were younger each christmas i made them new night shirts for boys and a gown for the girls. usually flannel. tried to find fabric that suited them, music notes for a budding musician and so on. they really looked forward to them and wore them long after they were to short.

Okay, I know I have mentioned this a couple of other places but I am finding I am not as crafty as I used to be. I was working on my crochet project today only to find after working on the yoke of a baby sweater for 2 hours (you have to realize one half of the yoke on a sweater for a one year old can't be that big), I realized I had the pattern opened to the girl's version not the boy's and was out 5 stitches per row. I was one row from finishing too!

Must be the pain meds.....

Reading about the quilts and flannel jammies, my MIL made each boy a flannel quilt when they were born. Then when they moved to big boy beds they got a twin sized one. They loved them so much! My youngest slept under his until he went off to college. Thought the cowboy motif on his blanket might be fodder for teasing. They were the yarn tied quilts. She also made a queen sized quilt for DH and me when we got married. Usually, she would jsut do simple block patterns but for mine she went all out and made a sampler quilt all sorts of patterns. It started to look a bit worn so I removed it from the bed and put it away in the cedar chest before it fell apart.

This is so wierd... I already posted this.... I should know I did, it takes 10 minutes for me to upload.... ok....

Here's the 2 reasons I learned to crochet.

The doll dress was made my my late SIL... she made almost 20 of them and I always wanted to be able to make them myself.... we never got the chance before she died.... so I shoved the thought way far away with the sewing machine she taught me to use.....
But then about 2 years ago my oldest son asked for an American Flag blanket. I wanted to knit one but all I could find patterns for was crochet. So for him I learned. I think Melissa was with me guiding me along.
Pretend the stars are all placed and sewn on and trimmed up.... he forgot I made it by now, its been in the corner for a year because I can't get the quiet time to get it finished.
I'm hoping it will be a Christmas gift for him... :ermm:

Attachments

• IMG_2789.jpg
    IMG_2789.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2790.jpg
    IMG_2790.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 140
Wow! Way to go! The blanket will make a wonderful Christmas blanket! That is an amazing doll dress too. It looks too difficult for me to make.

Thanks!
I hope it gets done... otherwise his birthday is just a week later on Jan 2nd... I suppose he couild have it then too.
I'm hoping to start my first dress after Christmas. Legogirl has it picked out already.
:)

Here are a couple of sewing dolls my mother made 30 years ago. I have kept them on the sewing machine. The taller old lady is actually made from a Joy liquid soap bottle, using wire hangar, sewing parts such as thread, measuring tape, etc. and of course doll parts.
The smaller little lady has an inside base of sand. She is a pin cushion.
I have made several dolls myself which is unusual for a man. I used to watch my grandmother sew for hours on end, she was an extremely talented seamstress and I learned much from her.
Unfortunately my dolls are packed away in boxes unreachable at the moment so no pics right now.
It is a fun and a very relaxing hobby.

Attachments

• sewing doll 003.jpg
    sewing doll 003.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 217
  • sewing doll 004.jpg
    sewing doll 004.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 189
Suzi, I am struggling with a little baby jacket and you have done an amazing job with that blanket! Your son will love it on Christmas morning!

I let Deelady talk me into posting these. Let me say that they in no way compare to the wonderful creations I have seen in this thread. My God given talent is drawing and when I was younger, I always wanted to be a book or album illustrator. Dee happened to see my drawings and said I should post them. I have a somewhat demented sense in my imagination and so most of the things I draw are not normal. I do have a thing for eyes. Not sure why....

One of my favs that took me several days to complete.
My ART 8.jpg

This guy is Tim Gaines from the christian rock band Stryper
My ART 12.jpg

I also love horses... this guy was a strange variation of them.
My ART 13.jpg

My ART 14.jpg

My ART 19.jpg

150 Gallon Fish Tank Project

Ok... it's Dee's fault!!! Here is my 150g fish tank that I have not completed yet, but it is close!!!

I am customizing this tank with a sump, wet/dry filter, built in UGJ (under gravel jets) and background made of foam, concrete, and cement stain.

I don't have recent pics, but the entire background is covered... I just need to touch up and add highlights to the cement. Then stand it up and plumb it!

th_new150013.jpg

th_new151001.jpg

150Right1.jpg

150Left3.jpg

Attachments

• 150Right.jpg
    150Right.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 134
yay you posted them!!
I really think you should do something with this!! And I don't see demented I see someone who thinks outside of the box and follows her creativity!! You should start playing with this again and see what comes out of that pen of yours!!
It may be different, but I still see beauty! Thanks for posting it Sattie!!:cool::cool:

Sattie those are great! The horse guy kinda looks like Kip Winger..... maybe early Jon Bon Jovi.... :cool:
Cool tank TG... my Dh has a 150 gallon reef aquarium... there's some pics of it in my profile.

Here's the long-awaited turkey. :)

I didn't want google eyes but I couldn't find the little black half beads.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_2791.jpg
    IMG_2791.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 130
Back
Top Bottom