The DC Family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ya know, I just realized why this is such a good site. And believe me, it's a truly unique place both on the web, and off. No one on this site is here to blow their own horn, so to speak. Every member is a giver, not a user or boaster. I don't think I've encountered so many people who all want to help each other, or learn from each other. Even the most accomplished cooks among us, and the most knowledgeable, are here to share not only cooking tips, but a sense of goodwill toward every other poster.

And it's not just that, but the moderators are crazy good at their job. And when any little argument breaks out, it is quelled before it gets a chance to become a flame.

I think we all respect each other, from the youngest of us, to the oldest. All I can say is thanks. DC is the place that helps me realize that humanity isn't filled with just horrible people, who care only about themselves and their own agendas, as the news people seem to want to shove down our throats. This is the place where real people use the cyberspace medium to show who they really are. And I don't for a minute think that anyone is misrepresenting themselves here. I believe that we get a chance to show who we really are, because we are somewhat anonymous. We don't have to worry that someone is going to laugh at us for being silly, or frivolous. I think we say things from the heart, and expose our true natures to each other.

Some say that power, or money, corrupts. I've been saying for years that power and or money doesn't corrupt. It does give the owner the sense of security to show their true selves, believing that they are immune from the fear of ridicule, or accountablility. It allows those who are corrupt to show their true nature.

The reason I share this hypothesis is that I can honestly say that I believe if power and wealth were given to the people on this site, that power and wealth would be used for the betterment of our world. In other words, DC is filled with the best part of humanity. And that, my freinds, is a very good thing.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I have to agree whole heartedly, Goodweed!!
There have only been a couple of times that I felt out of sorts by someones post to one of my threads and someone came to the rescue very quickly.
The moderators are the best!!
I think this site has the best group one can find for friends!!
And your title says it best, we have all become a family here.

I think we have a very nice family here. What makes it really special, is that there are people here from all over the world...all different races, religions and political beliefs...and we've come together through our love of cooking.

Maybe that's what they need to do at the United Nations...get together and cook a big meal, then sit down and eat it together.

Goodweed, your description of this site is why we all love it so much.
Thank you for pointing out the positive!

AMEN!!!!!
Goodweed you are a positive spirit,that one can only benefit from knowing!
Love and energy,Vicki

I've been a member for only a short time and I already feel like an accepted member of a very high class group. Goodweed, your observations are very insightful and right on the mark. Thanks for the boost.
Buck

Good

That was really an oustanding interpretation of DC. It is all true. This cooking site is very special.

Have a nice Sunday.

Goodweed, I couldn't have said it better. Like Buck, I haven't been a member here very long, but I already feel a wonderful kinship with everyone. Whenever I visit the site, I feel as though I'm "coming home" and it's a very comfortable feeling. What a nice safe harbor!

Thank you goodweed...It is because we have people like you on here. Kind and careing.

I am an old timer (no pun intended) and have had nothing but the best support of our members when i needed it. ( I may need more of that soon)

Marge~Dove

I'm in total agreement, Goodweed. I've only been here a short time, but I know, already, that what you say is true. Thanks for posting what many of us feel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom