The Dictionary Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FraidKnot

Washing Up
It's quite simple. Grab your Websters and open it randomly to any page. If you notice, at the top of the page there are words which show what is represented on the page below from start to finish.

Some of these can be quite funny when you put them together.

For example:

Blip Blot

Giantess Girlscout

Spidery Spitball

I used to play this "game" with a co-worker; we'd always flip open the dictionary randomly and come up with something funny. It was a bit of comic relief from a stressful tech job where everything must be exact and precise. Or maybe you just had to be there... :) Anyway, give it a try. Open your dictionaries at random... No fair seeking funny things out, sometimes the stuff that comes up isn't funny, okay? Get over it and just try again :LOL:

Fraidy

Not certain I've got the game down. How about:
  • Gregorian - gristle This might have been on the parochial school cafeteria menu.
  • Brazil nut - breath Perhaps one of the very few forms of halitosis that I have not been accused of.
From Merrium-Webster Seventh New Collegiate

Skillet, you've got the game down pat! See how much fun this can be? Who would ever think a dictionary could offer up so many :LOL: Gives a whole new meaning to when your parents or teachers said "look it up in the dictionary". :ROFLMAO:

Fraidy

Last edited:
I tried it with our Italian dictionary... came up with

scadente (expiring) - scampo(escape)

they better get their bums in gear :LOL:

Come on, people! It's easy!

Dim Dipstick! :LOL:

That one requires no explanation!

and

Busboy Butterfat (well those biscuits/scones/rolls and butter are a bit fattening!)

Fraidy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom