The D'oh Moment Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about standing at the door for doggie "walk time", & somehow clicking the leash onto the off-leash-trained Doberman INSTEAD of onto the "I'm gone like I've been shot out of a cannon" coonhound?

I can't even relate the heart-attack-waiting-to-happen 1/2-mile dash in hot weather to catch the beast that ensued. Although the Doberman loved every minute - lol!

The whole episode was one big Homer Simpson D'OH!!!!!

now this is really dumb or maybe senile. for the first two years i had thomas, my cat we battled over a glass of water i had on night stand. he would knock it off and i would scold. then i had a duh moment, why not put a water bottle there instead.

oh well, stupid is as stupid does. lol:ROFLMAO:
:LOL::LOL: I had to do the same thing. Got tired of drinking water after the cat had his share. Of course the cat thought was real swell to be able to drink right by the bed.

guys, i'll stroll into a room, intent on finding a given item, & i'll lose my thought & cannot recall what i was looking to find. i so knew what i was looking to find a few seconds ago!!

guys, i'll stroll into a room, intent on finding a given item, & i'll lose my thought & cannot recall what i was looking to find. i so knew what i was looking to find a few seconds ago!!

...and then I go back to the place were I first had the thought and all of the sudden I'll remember what is was....:huh:

I do that all the time luvs, but unlike Mama, I hardly ever remember what I was looking for :( lol I need a trigger or something..

When your guests are going home after serving them dinner, you are cleaning up and putting away and you come across the components tat you forgot to put in the dinner.

AC

When your guests are going home after serving them dinner, you are cleaning up and putting away and you come across the components tat you forgot to put in the dinner.

AC
Yes, it's exactly like buying Christmas gifts too early in the year to be overly prepared, and then forgetting where I hid them on Christmas day and finding them the next week. :ohmy:

Putting a metal jug of orange juice into a fridge...wet hands...slippery jug. KASPLOOSH! I wore most of the juice. It was either laugh or cry time.

AC
The year my mom found the peas in the microwave oven the day after Thanksgiving was the year we decided that they evidently weren't that important to the Thanksgiving meal!

:)Barbara

My DOH moment is occurring as I type. I'm here, at work, two hours, no phone calls, no one else here, and DOH I should be at the race with the rest of the group but NO, I'm the sucker they got to come in today. What was I thinking??? DOH, I could be drinking beer (well, once it's noon), walking around, and having a good time but I'm here, alone, in silence. I can't imagine why I have no motivation to work. :LOL:

Mine is more stupid than doh, lol.
Putting in notice at job with the promise of staying until all people hired are trained and in return, not get kicked to the curb until I find a job. Stupid to believe that others are as honest!! I guess I know where my son gets it. Now, can't claim unemployment either!! Dh doesn't know either, DOH!!

TG... lol.. I just had the unemployment talk with my hubby last night... luckily he loves me more than money!!!

I think we all have them. I went the better part of a year --- I mean something like 9 or 10 months --- telling people, believing, that I was a year older than I was. This was some time in my 30s. Finally my husband said something like, "You do know that you are 36, not 37, right?" I actually sat down and did the math. Duh. How did I get THAT one screwed up? I really am not stupid.

Lindatoo - why do you feel that different brands of baking soda or cornstarch aren't interchangeable? I buy different brands all the time & have found all baking sodas to be the same & all brands of cornstarch to be the same.

Now if you meant that baking soda & cornstarch aren't interchangeable - that I agree with - lol!!

Back
Top Bottom