The D'oh Moment Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds like something I did once Dave. My mom always made the best Cherries and Dumplings. I decided to try making them one day, but I figured I'd just do half a batch, since it was just me. I did really well until I realized that I had put the full amount of milk in. I tried to salvage it by adding the rest of the other ingredients, but instead of Cherries and Dumplings, I ended up with Cherries and Tennis Balls! I actually ate them (didn't taste bad--just really chewy), but I'm not kidding, I know those things would have bounced!

:)Barbara
P.S. Ever since that disaster, whenever I double or halve a recipe, I always write the ingredients out with the new measurements!

I am a nanny for one adorable little girl. She is having a halloween party at school and I volunteered to make cupcakes iced and decorated like pumpkins. Well I finished up the first 12 and iced and decorated em.:chef:
Put them in the top oven just to get them out of the way while we had lunch.

After lunch was done and Julia was down for a nap, I preheat the oven to 350 ;)and filled the rest of the cupcakes:)...walk over to the oven:ermm:....open it...smell burned sugar:doh:.....DOH....yea..I totally left the decorated cupcakes in the oven, and melted all the icing and googly eyes right off, onto the bottom of the oven. Go me.:LOL:

LOL saph my mom used to do that at LEAST once a week for the whole 5 years she drove us to school when we lived in NY....
Then we went back to visit 10 years later... I drove, and managed to get it right THE FIRST TIME!

I do it all the time.. once coming back from somewhere I was so tired that I got off the highway, and turned left instead of right and ended up in another town instead of back home. lol

I once did that going to work - going in totally the wrong direction, I've also taken the wrong exit from the motorway (freeway for those across the pond) and landed up wasting a lot of time getting back on track - it usually the exit that does not have a straightforward round about at the bottom.

My whole life is a D'ooooooH moment!!! I think I have more fun reading about your D'oh moments!!!

Barbara L, :) Don't feel so bad I think we all have our moments and booboo's that we make. I've shown up for appointments at the doctors office and for physicle therapy plenty of times just to get told that I'm not supposed to be there until the next day. :ROFLMAO:

I found it!!!!!
Looking for this thread awhile.

I just COMPLETELY lost it with my keyboard.
It would only register on the screen every 6 or 8 keys I pushed.... so i beat the crap out of it, gave up, took a shower, made dinner, and then

here it is....

D'OH!!!!!!

wireless keyboard..... maybe the thingy that sees the keyboard to give it to the computer fell back behind the desk again.....

I owe a world of apologies to my keyboard.
oh, and to Trish who probably thought I was abducted by aliens.....

Ok so this is really buggin' me!!!
I think yesterday was aliens afterall. :wacko:

I told DH about my problem.... so like the dork he is he knocked the thing that reads the keyboard back behind the desk, on purpose, just to prove me wrong... :rolleyes:

The stupid thing is working just fine and its knocked even further than yesterday!!!!!

Barbara L, I've made chicken and dumplings. How do you make cherries and dumplings?
I will try to remember to look for the recipe when I get home from my bible study tonight. They are SO good! I think I might have posted the recipe here under desserts a long time ago, but I'm not sure.

Boy, I thought I was bad! You guys have some great D'oh moments.

I can't claim this one to be mine but I thought I'd share because it's probably one of the biggest D'ohs I've ever heard in my life lol.

I work in a doctor's office. When we have to go in after the doc and finish up the visit, 90% of us quickly knock on the door in case someone is changing. One of my co-workers was already in the room speaking to the family and when she went to walk out of the room (the door was closed) she knocked on it... She said all she could do was turn around and say "haha, that was stupid."

When she told me that I didn't think I would stop laughing.

Boy, I thought I was bad! You guys have some great D'oh moments.

I can't claim this one to be mine but I thought I'd share because it's probably one of the biggest D'ohs I've ever heard in my life lol.

I work in a doctor's office. When we have to go in after the doc and finish up the visit, 90% of us quickly knock on the door in case someone is changing. One of my co-workers was already in the room speaking to the family and when she went to walk out of the room (the door was closed) she knocked on it... She said all she could do was turn around and say "haha, that was stupid."

When she told me that I didn't think I would stop laughing.
That is so funny!

You're welcome sweetie! I need to make them soon myself! Hopefully this time we can used spoons instead of racquets!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom