The D'oh Moment Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always used Arm and Hammer and Clabber Girl for soda and baking powder. I just buy whatever for cornstarch - they all seen the same, as long as it's a recognizable name. (not that I go through that much of it anyway)

I baked my Amish Friendship Cake tonight. When it was time to add the eggs, I grabbed the three eggs that were up in the refrigerator door. I figured James had put them there right before our vacation (although I couldn't understand why). I whacked the first egg on the side of the bowl, and thank goodness it didn't fall into the batter. They were eggs I had boiled around August 1st! I had put them in the door and then had forgotten them. That wouldn't have been a very "friendly" friendship cake! Thank goodness James had thought to buy eggs yesterday because I wouldn't have had enough without them.

:)Barbara

I certainly mean that baking soda and cornstarch are not interchangable - but they both sometimes come in yellow boxes.....:rolleyes:

When you live in locations where you do not live under heat and A/C every moment of the day, you often find yourself putting things is Tupperware (or something else hermetically sealed) as soon as you open it. Flour. Cornstarch. Sugar. One year I had cornstarch and confectioner's sugar in similar containers that I did NOT label. A couple of times I tried to thicken my stir fries with confectioner's sugar. Ironically, they were very, very popular, my friends and family having much more of a sweet tooth than I! Duh!

I found it!!!!!
Looking for this thread awhile.

I just COMPLETELY lost it with my keyboard.
It would only register on the screen every 6 or 8 keys I pushed.... so i beat the crap out of it, gave up, took a shower, made dinner, and then

here it is....

D'OH!!!!!!

wireless keyboard..... maybe the thingy that sees the keyboard to give it to the computer fell back behind the desk again.....

I owe a world of apologies to my keyboard.
oh, and to Trish who probably thought I was abducted by aliens.....

When you live in locations where you do not live under heat and A/C every moment of the day, you often find yourself putting things is Tupperware (or something else hermetically sealed) as soon as you open it. Flour. Cornstarch. Sugar. One year I had cornstarch and confectioner's sugar in similar containers that I did NOT label. A couple of times I tried to thicken my stir fries with confectioner's sugar. Ironically, they were very, very popular, my friends and family having much more of a sweet tooth than I! Duh!

It only takes ONE TIME that you don't taste test.... :LOL:
I've done the SAME THING!!!

Suzi,

I am having the same issues with my keyboard. It has done it from the start. Sometimes it is fine, but other times, what I have already typed here can look more like:

m hvin thsame issus wthmy keyboard. thas done it fom the sart. Someties it i fin, but othr times, hat I have alrdy tped here canlook more lik:

It is SO frustrating because I have to go back and fix things every time before I send them. It looks like I don't know how to type, how to spell, or both!

:)Barbara
P.S. When James switches to his new computer, I will get his "old" one (which is newer than this one) and I will get his keyboard as well. Thank goodness!

I lost it, too; and mine is not a wireless keyboard. That one is on a shelf in the closet...........

The other day I was making pate brisee (butter crust for quiche in the FD. Did everything as I have hundreds of times before and it turned out very wateryyyyy! Yuk! What in Heaven's name went wrong? Then it occured to me, I had put in 8 OUNCES!! of ice water instead of 8 TABLESPOONS! Quarter of a pound of butter wasted, and I'm wondering about my brain cells, too. Truly a D'uh moment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom