The Downton Abbey SPOILERS Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They must have been ammonia salt, because they were in a jar and white crystals. I was so scared, I didn't smell them! At first we thought we had killed him...

Back when dirt was first invented I came across a WWII first aid kit designed for battle. It had those salt crystals. I made the mistake of opening them and took a quick sniff. Won't make that mistake again.

Poor cousin. The victim of just another of kids pranks. :angel::angel:

When we all got together (8 kids) and left on our own when the parents + grandparents went to Winnipeg on "Black Friday", we were awful. I have to say that this was the last time they did that...my aunt's 90th b'day is in May. There is a big party planned and all the cousins and lots of their kids and grandkids will be there. My cousin has never forgiven me that I was 1/2" taller than he was (2 years younger) and wasn't the one to be dropped down the clothes shoot. I'm sure that will be one of the stories we recount. FWIW, the older cousins stood us back to back and because he was shorter, he was the one who got dropped down (2nd story). I was on the 1st story watching him pass by in that clothes shoot opening. Fortunately, my aunt had a big (4 ft x 4 ft) wooden box that was filled with dirty clothes. Otherwise he would have landed on the concrete floor. Long before the days of booster seats, seatbelts, and bicycle helmets. We survived.

Last edited:
i remember having fun dropping down a 20 ft. laundry chutes in a childhood friend's house onto a pile of clothes. :ohmy:

back to downtown abbey and spoilers. whomever mentioned that matthew wouldn't be back made tbat final scene of season 3 somewhat ridiculous and badly directed/acted for me having fore-knowledge.

that dumb smile on his face, flipping hair in the wind while driving down the road was just so bad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom