"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #111
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Soorner or later, every show turns into a rerun. So why bother buying it. But for Downton Abby it is an investment that you will enjoy for years to come. You won't have to wait for it to become a rerun. I just wish I had the money to buy the complete series. What a nice husband. The show does grab you.
Addie, if your kids are like mine, they can never figure out what I really want for my birthday or Christmas gift. Send me their phone numbers and I'll I bet they'd love to know what you'd really like to have.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #112
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Addie, if your kids are like mine, they can never figure out what I really want for my birthday or Christmas gift. Send me their phone numbers and I'll I bet they'd love to know what you'd really like to have.
Next month is my birthday and my youngest asked what I wanted. I am getting the DVD set of the complete London performance of Les Miserables. I don't know what it cost but I knew it was out of my price range. I also have the complete musical score of Mama Mia. And the DVD. Next year I might ask for the score of Les Miserables. My kids know it is "music" they just don't know what I am into this week or next. One time it was Gregorian Chant. That one threw them for a loop. Sometimes it is Latin Hymns. That one they don't understand at all. And to really confuse them, I can sing right along with the music and words. How do I know Latin?

After I am gone and the family is sitting around the holiday table telling stories, they will have some real dillies to tell about me. "Hey do you remember Ma doing the dishes and singing in Latin?"

Old 03-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #113
Chef Extraordinaire

On ABC News tonight;

Shirley McLaine will be returning next season and the hateful maid who is always stirring up trouble won't. We all know about the actor who played Mathew.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #114
Chef Extraordinaire

Season 1 is on CBC (French) on Saturday evenings. The war was just declared. It is funny listening to the voices used for the characters.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #115
Head Chef

Addie - I have the London 02 Les Mis DVD it is fantastic ! Samantha Barks who plays Eponine went on to get the part in the film . Alfie Boe as Jean Valjean is stunning .

But back to Downtown - patiently waiting for series 4 here and the lovely Tom Ellis, an English actor is going to be in it, he very dishy .
Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #116
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Addie - I have the London 02 Les Mis DVD it is fantastic ! Samantha Barks who plays Eponine went on to get the part in the film . Alfie Boe as Jean Valjean is stunning .

But back to Downtown - patiently waiting for series 4 here and the lovely Tom Ellis, an English actor is going to be in it, he very dishy .
Be still my heart. I am too old for palpitations and flutterings of my heart. I just may swoon. Save me, save me!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #117
Head Chef

Keep smelling salts handy for an attack of the vapours dear lady !
Old 03-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #118
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Keep smelling salts handy for an attack of the vapours dear lady !
OMG, that brought back an old memory. We put my cousin down the clothes shoot (don't ask). He fainted on the way down and I was told to run across the street and get the smelling salts (which, incidentally, were kept in our grandpareents' garage). My grandfather was a pharmacist. I don't even know if one could get smelling salts today (and have no idea why they were kept in the garage). I hadn't thought about that part of the event (and it was an event--and a much longer story than just putting my cousin down the clothes shoot). We all survived to adulthood and are all still alive today.
I can't see Violet needing smelling salts.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #119
Chef Extraordinaire

Yeah, they do sell smelling salts. All it is, is ammonia.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #120
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Yeah, they do sell smelling salts. All it is, is ammonia.
They must have been ammonia salt, because they were in a jar and white crystals. I was so scared, I didn't smell them! At first we thought we had killed him...