"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #81
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Daisy? Do you mean Anna, his wife?
Anyway, I know what happens there as I've just watched the next two weeks' episodes.

I didn't know Matthew wasn't returning though. Good spoiler. That should make finishing up the season interesting knowing that.
Yes, my boo boo. Daisy is the unhappy kitchen wench.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #82
Master Chef

I thought about buying and watching the rest of the season but I won't be doing that now. It's way too much fun to play the weekly guessing game here, not knowing for sure what will happen.

I agree that Cora is devoted to Robert. After all, she forgave him for loosing her entire family fortune. The death of Sibel is another matter with Robert.
I think Cora's "Americanism" will come into play when she considers the only reason that "Sir" Doctor was in charge was because of his social status. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #83
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
I was doing a search on the DA family to try and get all the relations straight and one website had the family tree. It showed Sybil's death in childbirth so I knew that was coming and it told how Matthew "leaves the show" which I will not divulge here for those that want to find out in the normal course of viewing.

Thanks for the tip on the sites. Sometimes I will search something and now I will stop in case I run into a site that divulges things ahead of time.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #84
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I thought about buying and watching the rest of the season but I won't be doing that now. It's way too much fun to play the weekly guessing game here, not knowing for sure what will happen.
I took a few hours off while tending to some things. That's enough. I'm dying to finish off the season Which I will start here shortly.
But then what will I do?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #85
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Ooh , interesting on things that have been picked up that I didn't know at the time and now it all makes sense.
GQ, I'd love to have you expand on this up to the point of the death of Sybel.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #86
Master Chef

I too was surprised by Isobel's actions hiring Ethel. She's very passionate about "helping" people. I laughed at the scene where she's trying to teach the "women" to sew.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #87
Head Chef

One more little thing about Sunday's -- the business of the broken sauce near-disaster and Alfred (it was Alfred, wasn't it?) stepping in with the trick of beating in an egg to rescue it. Made me wonder if men were not supposed to be involved with cooking at that time, i.e. Mrs. Patmore at DA and Isobel's Mrs. Bird, who just left in a huff. {{Kidney souffle' ack ack}} Also made me wonder further if that's so, was that true in France? I think of French chefs generally being men (probably erroneous, but that's my impression of how it used to be).
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #88
Chef Extraordinaire

I remember Alfred having worked in a hotel, but I don't remember where. He obviously picked up some tricks concerning food while there.

Well, I have finished season 3. I think the writers really went overboard with all that was going on this season. I don't recall the other two season's being filled with so much drama at every turn.

Carry on
Old 01-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #89
Master Chef

If I remember, wasn't there something said when Alfred hired on about he'd rather be in the kitchen?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #90
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
If I remember, wasn't there something said when Alfred hired on about he'd rather be in the kitchen?
Or was that Daisy saying she'd rather he be in the kitchen?