The Dreaded "F" Word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hugs, crewsk. I know what you are going through. Daughter and HH were simultaneously down with strep (thank God, not the flu) for a week before Thanksgiving. Neither one of them wanted to eat or drink a thing, and daughter probably went through about 10 boxes of kleenex.

Hope TC starts feeling better soon.

crewsk, poor TC and poor Mommy. I know how helpless it feels when your little ones get sick. Get well soon, TC. HUGS!.

So sorry TC is feeling so badly. His temperature is a bit high, but not unusual for the flu. Have you tried tylenol for kids? Also, pedialyte is great since you said he is drinking fluids, and you can get the popsicle version as well, keeps those electrolytes at a good level. Other than that, just luke warm baths. Mom's never get any sleep with their kids are sick (worrying about them), so try to get rest when you can. I hope your all feeling good for the christmas.

urmaniac13 said:
Poor, poor TC!! I hope he will recover soon, but to get better he must eat!! I hope there is nothing serious with his tummy... YT is right, antibiotics, or even aspirin can mess up the condition of the stomach. Try to feed him lots of smoothies made with fresh fruit, good quality ice cream and something like drinking yogurt to nourish him, but I really hope he will be able to consume something solid, if only little by little... that will do him good to regain strength. I was suffering the second influenza of the season last week too, looks like it is bad everywhere.
For those who are still safe, keep warm, eat well and take plenty of vitaminC, and cross your fingers!
Once again best wishes and hugs to TC, get well soon!!

Also, there really is something to the Chicken Soup remedy. When you make a proper chicken soup, you break the ckicken bones before cooking, and add incgredients like celery and onion, which are mildly acidic. These leach the ntrients from the bone marrow, and help disolve the collagen. In short, the soup broth is full of nutrients that help the body fight off infections. The warm broth also helps clear brochial passages and sinuses. He needs nutrition, and brothy soups that are made with bones and meat are a good way to get them. They are also fairly esy on the tummy.:chef:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

goboenomo said:
I thought Frozen-dinner was the 'F' word. :P
Hahahaha... I saw that on a commercial.

There's a flu going around at my school too. People are coughing and sneezing all over the place.

I hope he gets better soon.

Not to get off topic from Crewsk's thread, but I know the commercial too :LOL: (Knorr's). Here's a tip for school, bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer, it really helps kill germs and might keep you from getting sick too! We actually have wipes in our grocery store whereby you grab a wipe before putting your hands on the grocery cart.

Thank you all so much!!

He ate 5 mini cheese muffins with blackberry jam last night at my parents house (he stayed with them while Savannah was at a Christmas party & I finished up some shopping, I felt guilty for leaving him)!!! After eating he was able to take his Tamiflu without getting sick. This morning he ate 6 of the muffins with jam.

Goodweed, I started chicken soup this morning for his lunch today.

Amber, I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer with me at all times, plus a travel package of anti-bacterial wipes so I can wipe off the cart handle at the grocery store. I've seen kids pick their noses & wipe it on those things!!:sick:

That's a great news Crewsk!! I know, I lose all my usual appetite when I am suffering from influenza, too (influenza is just about the only thing that manages to make me lose it!!), and when I start feeling like eating again that is a definite sign of recovery!!

I hope and believe you guys will be all healthy to enjoy the Christmas!!

Take care!!

crewsk, best wishes for TC's speedy recovery! Besides yoghurt smoothies and chicken soup, perhaps you might want to prepare rice porridge for him if you know how. This is easy on the stomach and is usually given to people with stomach or digestive tract ailments.

Boufa, the only way he will touch rice is if it has beef stew on top, the canned stuff no less! I am going to try out one of my old childhood favorites on him today though, hot buttered rice sprinkled with sugar, it always made me feel better.

Ok. So what's the deal? Is he better yet? Is he? Huh, huh? Is he better yet?

Just a side thought; if he's not better by tomorrow afternoon, you could always pitch a tent in the back yard and relegate him to that. Then, everyone else can enjoy Christmas Eve without a lot of "Mommy, could you get me a glass of water?" and "Mommy, I think I'm gonna throw up", Mommy, tell sister to quit stepping on my belly!":ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I hope T.J. is happy, healthy, and in good spirits now, and that no one else in your house has caught the dreaded bug. I wish you, your DH, and your children a truly great Christmas and New Years.

We used to wake our children at midnight just so they could toast the New Year in with us. We used our finest crystal glasses and filled them with Welch's strawberry soda to toast with, and then played some games with them. It was a treat they loved as their normal bedtime was 8:30 pm. And to a kid, what better fun is there than getting to do "adult" things with their Mom & Dad.

I'm convinced based on my own experience, both as a child and as a Father of four, that if they could, children would pick their parents over their best freind if given the chance. It's just that too many parents won't allow that. They won't play with their own kids. And to me, that's a very sad thing.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks for asking Goodweed & Sizz! TC is doing much better, all that's left is a slight cough & runny nose. Thankfully no one else has gotten sick!!

I'm glad TC's better and everyone else stayed healthy, crewsk! My family ended up all having various forms of flu for Christmas!:cry: DH has it the least bad so he's been nursing Sofie and me the last few days. Sofie was a trooper and didn't let it stop her enjoying Christmas and all her new goodies and I still managed to cook a great dinner even though I'm too stuffed up to taste any of it.:rolleyes: Let's hope our families are getting their illnesses out of the way early this winter and will be healthy for rest of it!

Back
Top Bottom