The Dreaded New Year's Resolution Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I don't generally make New Year's Resolutions, but I am making one this year.

As always, I want to lose weight, so my resolution is about that. I don't want to make one that is too unreasonable to live up to, so I think I came up with a good one for me.

My resolution is to weigh less on the first day of each month. I'm not setting any amounts, but if I work on losing something, and I lose something every month, at the very least I will lose 12 pounds. Hopefully I will lose more than that, but if all I lose is 12 pounds, I will be ahead of the game, as I have mostly put on weight the last few years. I feel that will give me something realistic to work toward each month.

My other resolution is to read through the Bible again in 2011.

Any other resolutions? Let's hear them!

:)Barbara

Surprisingly having such a bad back spell caused me to lose some weight.

I found that a pig out meal put pressure on the painful area and caused an evening with more than usual pain. So, I just stopped going back for seconds. My evening wasn't spoiled by feeling too full and my back wasn't worse.

I noticed that I lost a size sweat pants. XL instead of XXL. The XXL one I did buy falls off when I walk. LOL

I just resolve to keep up the progress I made.

I am going to (HAVE TO) get back to walking every morning. I had lost 15 lbs between August and Thanksgiving then fell off the wagon between the holidays. My Goal is another 20 lbs by April 29.

I wouldn't mind loosing a few pounds myself, but my NY's resolutions is to keep up with the laundry. I tend to let is pile up and then have to do 3-4 loads on the weekend ... HATE THAT :mad:

We are a family of 6, and if I don't keep at it every couple of days, it just seems to grow and grow by the end of the week :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom