"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
Since they moved it from Tues nights following the NCIS shows, I've kind of lost track of it. I really enjoyed it before though.
no need to lose track of this show, jabbur. it is already airing on cbs, sunday nights at 10:00 p.m., eastern time. even the reruns they are showing now are well worth watching, at least for me. it's so easy to miss even critical information in this show. i'm picking up on a lot of things second time through....

Old 09-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
no need to lose track of this show, jabbur. it is already airing on cbs, sunday nights at 10:00 p.m., eastern time. even the reruns they are showing now are well worth watching, at least for me. it's so easy to miss even critical information in this show. i'm picking up on a lot of things second time through....
oops, i should have said 9.00 p.m., eastern time, not 10.00. and new shows will begin on september 25, 2011. julianna margulies, guesting on letterman tonight, describes the first episode of good wife as "steamy". you don't want to miss that, now do you....?

Old 09-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, sorry, i can't give out any details. a few years ago they started a thing where we have to sign documents every few years stating that we'll keep things secret, no conflict of interest type stuff, and so on.

some shows like survivor really protect their secrecy. they black out any feeds through our building and only 1 or two people are allowed to see the semi final before it's aired a few hours later, and then the final is done live.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
lol, sorry, i can't give out any details. a few years ago they started a thing where we have to sign documents every few years stating that we'll keep things secret, no conflict of interest type stuff, and so on.

some shows like survivor really protect their secrecy. they black out any feeds through our building and only 1 or two people are allowed to see the semi final before it's aired a few hours later, and then the final is done live.
i know, i know, bt - jk-ing around with that one....must be difficult to enforce those privacy contracts though....
Old 09-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #15
Executive Chef

just a reminder, everybody--the good wife is on tonight at 9:00pm et. c'mon, what else do you have to do at nine o'clock anyway? it will be something interesting to talk about tomorrow.... :)
Old 09-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #16
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
just a reminder, everybody--the good wife is on tonight at 9:00pm et. c'mon, what else do you have to do at nine o'clock anyway? it will be something interesting to talk about tomorrow.... :)
I was thinking of cleaning my ears with knitting needles right about then...
Old 09-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I was thinking of cleaning my ears with knitting needles right about then...
I take that to mean it's not one of your faves, Princess?

Old 09-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
Executive Chef

nuts, it finally hit me that tgw has been dumped into that horrible sunday night time slot!!! it's the one that is delayed by sunday football games or other sports for the entire season--beginning with 60 minutes and on through until monday morning!! i hate it, hate it, hate it--you never know what time your sunday night shows will be on, and have to switch back and forth until the green turf, the numbered jerseys, the helmets and packed stadiums disappear from view....
Old 09-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I feel your pain, Vit!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I feel your pain, Vit!

nope--you're poking fun at me, dawg. not nice. not nice at all. and so not like you either, dawg....