"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #11
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
Since they moved it from Tues nights following the NCIS shows, I've kind of lost track of it. I really enjoyed it before though.
no need to lose track of this show, jabbur. it is already airing on cbs, sunday nights at 10:00 p.m., eastern time. even the reruns they are showing now are well worth watching, at least for me. it's so easy to miss even critical information in this show. i'm picking up on a lot of things second time through....
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #12
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
no need to lose track of this show, jabbur. it is already airing on cbs, sunday nights at 10:00 p.m., eastern time. even the reruns they are showing now are well worth watching, at least for me. it's so easy to miss even critical information in this show. i'm picking up on a lot of things second time through....
oops, i should have said 9.00 p.m., eastern time, not 10.00. and new shows will begin on september 25, 2011. julianna margulies, guesting on letterman tonight, describes the first episode of good wife as "steamy". you don't want to miss that, now do you....?
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,732
lol, sorry, i can't give out any details. a few years ago they started a thing where we have to sign documents every few years stating that we'll keep things secret, no conflict of interest type stuff, and so on.

some shows like survivor really protect their secrecy. they black out any feeds through our building and only 1 or two people are allowed to see the semi final before it's aired a few hours later, and then the final is done live.
__________________
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.


Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #14
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
lol, sorry, i can't give out any details. a few years ago they started a thing where we have to sign documents every few years stating that we'll keep things secret, no conflict of interest type stuff, and so on.

some shows like survivor really protect their secrecy. they black out any feeds through our building and only 1 or two people are allowed to see the semi final before it's aired a few hours later, and then the final is done live.
i know, i know, bt - jk-ing around with that one....must be difficult to enforce those privacy contracts though....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #15
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
just a reminder, everybody--the good wife is on tonight at 9:00pm et. c'mon, what else do you have to do at nine o'clock anyway? it will be something interesting to talk about tomorrow.... :)
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #16
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
just a reminder, everybody--the good wife is on tonight at 9:00pm et. c'mon, what else do you have to do at nine o'clock anyway? it will be something interesting to talk about tomorrow.... :)
I was thinking of cleaning my ears with knitting needles right about then...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I was thinking of cleaning my ears with knitting needles right about then...
I take that to mean it's not one of your faves, Princess?

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
nuts, it finally hit me that tgw has been dumped into that horrible sunday night time slot!!! it's the one that is delayed by sunday football games or other sports for the entire season--beginning with 60 minutes and on through until monday morning!! i hate it, hate it, hate it--you never know what time your sunday night shows will be on, and have to switch back and forth until the green turf, the numbered jerseys, the helmets and packed stadiums disappear from view....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,099
I feel your pain, Vit!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #20
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I feel your pain, Vit!

nope--you're poking fun at me, dawg. not nice. not nice at all. and so not like you either, dawg....
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.