"The Good Wife" | Assume Spoilers....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what does it say about my life that the good wife has become the spotlight of my sundays? nonetheless, it is something to look forward to--a*****e. :) i like alicia's gay brother. they have a very real and natural onscreen sibling connection. episodes with him are always extra special, i think...:)

truth be told, i don't really much care if alicia and will's affair is a brief one. will posed the question "what if we had good timing for once", and they got that, they deserved that, but now alicia can move on with her new life as an independent woman....

Anything is okay with me, as long as she doesn't get back with Peter.

i wish they would import a hot new love interest for alicia to fall in love with. seems to me, neither peter nor will are worthy of her affections. tgw shines alone, like an oasis in a barren sunday tv desertscape. well, amazing race is still an okay show, but definitely in decline....

well, here it is sunday again, and once again i am anticipating tgw show being on later. this is, i image, not much different from all those football fans who are looking forward to tonight's dallas vs. eagles game. though other than watching vick's performance, i really can't see it. (go eagles) :)

the good wife show was super intense tonight--soo good. i love it when a legal case gets all tangled up with the cia, homeland security, foreign governments, etc., leaving everyone scrambling for a foothold, including the judge....alicia needs a new hairstylist--she is an almost-beautiful woman with abominably thick clumpy hair and overgrown bangs that make her look so out-of-step and old. stop with the ill-fitting wigs already....

good wife night, folks. hey, looks like alicia and will are about to be busted tonight. a preview clip shows diane telling will that he is being investigated because he is sleeping with his (peter's) wife, and to STOP it! and didya see how cary turns and walks away from kalinda's seductive embrace? betcha he'll be back like a moth to the flame....what about alicia's mother-in-law trying to break into her computer, and pawing through her laundry and finding alicia's sexy black lingerie? what a malicious old woman...obsessed with her son's success and well-being?

what is going on with the good wife? no show aired last week. not good....

The nets don't waste their good shows during the holidays. They can rerun Rudolph or Charlie Brown, which they probably own (no royalties) and get some ratings. People are busy shopping and entertaining. Even with DVRs and watching on the computer, advertisers want first crack at the bigger audience.

TGW will be back; heartbroken that "Prime Suspect" was canceled. USA Today used to publish the ratings, but I can't find them anymore. Very worried about my new fave, "Person of Interest." Love that show!!

i am highly distressed to see maria bello's prime suspect canceled. the chemistry between her and the actor playing her irish father on the show was uncommonly evocative and authentic. i don't think, but don't know, that person of interest is in any kind of trouble. the show just gets better and better with every passing week. how do you happen to have so much information about the entertainment scene, sherry?

how do you happen to have so much information about the entertainment scene, sherry?
\

Originally from California, worked in television/music/trained to be a makeup artist. (Mom insisted I go back to college, and "abandon that nonsense") so I got a degree in Industrial Relations (HR) where after 30 years I was thanked for my years of service and all the $$ I saved them, but they could get an import for a lot less, so goodbye, Sherry. Most of my friends work/worked in the business.

\

Originally from California, worked in television/music/trained to be a makeup artist. (Mom insisted I go back to college, and "abandon that nonsense") so I got a degree in Industrial Relations (HR) where after 30 years I was thanked for my years of service and all the $$ I saved them, but they could get an import for a lot less, so goodbye, Sherry. Most of my friends work/worked in the business.

that's disgusting and obscene what was done to you, sherry. it is shameful the way many thousands, (hundreds of thousands?) valuable employees have been replaced, robbed of their livelihood, in this country--and continue on this way today....

that's disgusting and obscene what was done to you, sherry. it is shameful the way many thousands, (hundreds of thousands?) valuable employees have been replaced, robbed of their livelihood, in this country--and continue on this way today....

At the time, it was very upsetting, but after that, some friends and I formed a nice little consulting group, and did well with that for a good while until the economy tanked. But I heard on the ABC news tonight that the economy appears to be picking up! Anyway, I have more time to cook, scrapbook, do genealogy, etc. I feel sorry for people where the entire family is out of work.

Anything is okay with me, as long as she doesn't get back with Peter.

I'm REALLY afraid she might. Did you catch how she called him "my husband" and then when he was in her house, when they were looking for Gracie, she looked at her lacy nightie with (insert some sorst of appropriate adjective here).

i don't believe there is any danger of alicia and peter reuniting. their common parental concern for gracie while she was missing had them caught up in an emotional moment together--nothing intimate there. alicia blames herself and her affair with will for gracie's disappearance--she should have been a better, more vigilant mother. the black teddy is seen as a symbol of alicia's self-indulgence. she is disgusted at herself for her sexual involvement and believes her punishment is gracie going missing. the affair with will cannot survive alicia's morality crisis--she cannot be a good mother and lover at the same time....

I didn't see it that way at the time... but now I wonder... I think she was feeling guilty for neglecting the kids, maybe, but it could be because she works too much (is she tempted at all to go to work for Michael J. Fox?). So interesting that Diane assumed Will was letting her go (per Diane's instructions) when really he'd NEVER do that. I'm still hoping that doesn't mean she goes back to Peter.

i like that they're giving jim caviezel more depth as a character, more involvement on a human level. he is good looking enough that he doesn't need to be constantly shown in the dark and in the shadows, either. the writing in this show, and also in unforgettable, is definitely improving, allowing for character development and complexity.

don't forget to watch the good wife tonight! :) it should be a pivotal episode, with unresolved issues and loose ends dangling dangerously and enticingly all over the place....

I really hope Alicia forgives Kalinda and they reunite. I always liked their relationship. Kalinda is I think, the best character. So mysterious and layered and sooooo talented. Very treacherous/but well meaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom