The Gourmet Next Door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll let you watch and report back. That girl annoys me the worst way! and I was not enamored of the trailer I saw last evening. Pazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for me. :rolleyes:

I'd like to watch it, but 1 p.m. on Sunday is a rather inconvenient time. I never really learned to work the VCR (who wants to mess with technology at home when that's what I do all day at work?!?) and don't have a Tivo, so I guess I'll keep an eye out for reruns. They usually run these shows several times a week.

I did watch "The Next Food Network Star" when she was competing and thought she did really well. I'm glad the Texan with the great big teeth didn't win - that grin really turned me off.

Yes Sandra Lee!

• Rachael Ray
  • Paula Deen
  • Ina Garten
  • Nigella Lawson
  • Sandra Lee (definitely!)
Yep, she had formal training, in New York I think it was. She created a nich for herself by attemping to duplicate the complicated dishes she was learning by doing the semi thing. She talked about it on one of the shows.

Is anyone watching? It premiers this Sunday. I'm curious to watch what this girl can cook. Do most of these chefs have to come from a recognized culinary school? When will they put an ordinary person on air that doesn't have the whole culinary training? The Gourmet Next Door: With Next Food Network Star Season 3 Winner Amy Finley : Sundays at 12pm/11c : TV

I just watched it, and I have to say, I'm not very impressed. It was actually a pretty boring/bland cooking show. Amy Finley needs to let her personality shine a bit more, like she did on The Next Food Network Star. Hopefully it'll get a little more interesting in upcoming episodes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom