"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-30-2006, 07:36 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
I have Comcast for basic and extended basic TV and for High speed internet. The combined total is about $98. The split is almost 50/50.
You're what Seinfeld called the break even guy. No matter he does, he breaks even.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:37 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
I have dish network, I pay about 109.00 a month plus pay per view, and I have all the channels they offer...
I use to have cable, they offered 21 channels, for 50.00.(i live in a small town)

Old 05-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #13
Executive Chef

The Time Warner Bill that comes in the mail is almost 100 bucks just for basic cable and the cable modem. I used to get 5 bucks off for owning both, but then they stopped doing it a few years ago.

We really do not have enough sports channels though. I would not mind seeing an all womens sports channel and one non division 1A college sports network.

What I hate is the increase in price we have to go through each year for the Cable bill. I also hate the high cost the networks have to dish out so they can get the rights to air something like the NFL or NASCAR.

I think buying only the channels you want will work in the short run to lower the price, but in the end a few important smaller networks will 100% go under. Not a good idea.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:18 AM   #14
Sous Chef

you should look into FTA (free to air) sattelites.

http://www.gosatellite.net/
Old 05-31-2006, 08:19 AM   #15
Sous Chef

btw..i have every channel you can get from both DTV and Dishnetwork...prolly over 1000 channels...and their STILL isnt anything good to watch!