The Idiom challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvabigdog

Cook
If you've ever studied a different language, you'll know that the most difficult nuances to understand are idioms. This is a constant struggle for my wife and me. We play a game with the children who hang out here during the weekdays to teach us new idioms. I even have an app on my droid phone that explains idioms and teaches me new ones. My wife & I play a game where we speak only in idioms and try to hold an entire conversation. Since she is now reading this forum, I thought it would be fun to try with other members. It would certainly teach us new ones, while giving us a hint regarding the meaning. Come up with a new idiom that pertains to the subject.....if you can. If you don't mind, please put the phrase in quotes as it will help us to understand.

"I'll get the ball rolling."

next...

If you've ever studied a different language, you'll know that the most difficult nuances to understand are idioms. This is a constant struggle for my wife and me. We play a game with the children who hang out here during the weekdays to teach us new idioms. I even have an app on my droid phone that explains idioms and teaches me new ones. My wife & I play a game where we speak only in idioms and try to hold an entire conversation. Since she is now reading this forum, I thought it would be fun to try with other members. It would certainly teach us new ones, while giving us a hint regarding the meaning. Come up with a new idiom that pertains to the subject.....if you can. If you don't mind, please put the phrase in quotes as it will help us to understand.

"I'll get the ball rolling."

next...

"I'm in." This sounds like fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom