The Impossible Burger is here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have met vegetarians who are convinced that vegetarian is healthier, because when they switched, they started paying attention to getting a balanced diet and they now feel healthier.

Last edited:
Where is the sense of adventure? I would have expected more DC members want to try it, just to see if it lives up to its hype. I can't wait to try one. If I don't like it, I just won't eat another one. I'm just a curious person. I've eaten deep-fried calf testicles, why not a veggie burger?

I do draw the line at insects.

CD

Even though I prefer veg flavoured veggies I would try it. Just not something I would replace meat with. I enjoy meat so reason to do so.

It's Frankenfood...something made in a laboratory, I like my food fresh and natural.

Agreed. Plus I just like meat. :pig:

I suppose if one's a vegetarian, they might be inclined to give this a try, though. Believe it or not, I was vegetarian for a number of years back in the 90's. I would've probably tried this back then.

I have met vegetarians who are convinced that vegetarian is healthier, because when they switched, they started paying attention to getting a balanced diet and they now feel healthier.
I have met people who are convinced the Earth is 6,000 years old. It doesn't mean they're right.

Some people who become vegetarians do pay attention to their diet and making sure they get enough proper nutrition, but at least as many stop eating meat and then eat a lot of salad and junk food. Diets of all types can be healthy or not, depending on how it's implemented.

I have met people who are convinced the Earth is 6,000 years old. It doesn't mean they're right.

Some people who become vegetarians do pay attention to their diet and making sure they get enough proper nutrition, but at least as many stop eating meat and then eat a lot of salad and junk food. Diets of all types can be healthy or not, depending on how it's implemented.
That's my take too.

Meat is brain food. Without meat, the human race wouldn't be here to discuss the subject of vegetarianism. Sorry vegans, but that's the way it is. The human race doesn't need meat to subsist now. Meat got us to this point.

Maybe the Incredible Burger is the Soylent Green of the future. You won't be able to tell the difference.

Only...hehhehe

Last edited:
I really want to give this a try! I absolutely love veggie burgers and other meatless products like veggie hotdogs and vegan cheeses. I have a lot of recipes I am working on for veggie burgers and even vegan chorizo so I am really interested into how they make this burger.

As a side note, there is a restaurant called Green in San Antonio that has the absolute best vegan burgers and nachos that I have ever had. Even better than real meat and cheese.

It's Frankenfood...something made in a laboratory, I like my food fresh and natural.

Better start reading labels for what little information Monsanto, ConAgra and who knows what get's imported from China as "food."

Did you know that "All Natural" on fresh meat labels only applies to the meat after the the animal is slaughtered. You can pump it full of growth hormones and antibiotics, as long as you do it before you kill the animal.

So, I don't see any difference with a veggie burger.

CD

Maybe not related, but I've bought super cheap boneless chicken that had the consistency of what I would imagine as being whale blubber. Zero taste.

Last edited:
Better start reading labels for what little information Monsanto, ConAgra and who knows what get's imported from China as "food."

Did you know that "All Natural" on fresh meat labels only applies to the meat after the the animal is slaughtered. You can pump it full of growth hormones and antibiotics, as long as you do it before you kill the animal.

So, I don't see any difference with a veggie burger.

CD

I don't buy processed foods and pick my meat from grass fed/free range. I look my burgers in the face before I eat them. I buy local, if I can't find what I want I buy from trusted sources.

These people really make me nervous, test tube meat grown from animal cells.

It may help feed the world but I don't think I will ever be ready for it.

Memphis Meats
While I would be willing to eat vat grown meat, that stuff looked like I can't buy plain vat grown chicken. I don't want it already breaded. I don't want it already seasoned. If it's going to be partially prepared, then I would rather have it from a resto.

I don't buy processed foods and pick my meat from grass fed/free range. I look my burgers in the face before I eat them. I buy local, if I can't find what I want I buy from trusted sources.

Do some research on "gras fed" and "free range." I did, and was very disappointed at what I found. The food industry seems to write USDA regulations.

As it applies to the OP, I can't see the "impossible burger" being any worse than the "natural" foods I already buy.

And I still want to taste one, just to know if it really tastes like a burger. :yum:

CD

While I would be willing to eat vat grown meat, that stuff looked like I can't buy plain vat grown chicken. I don't want it already breaded. I don't want it already seasoned. If it's going to be partially prepared, then I would rather have it from a resto.

I don't think I could handle vat grown meat, maybe I've seen too many horror films! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Blob-Town-The-Blob-1958-Documentary-@-Phoenixville-Pennsylvania-by-James-Rolfe.jpg

Seems like it would be difficult to get any texture in the lab grown meats. Muscles need to be exercised to some extent for muscle tone, and unless they stimulate them with an electric current, I don't see any way to get that. The tenderest meats are typically those muscles which do the least work, but they still do some work.

Do some research on "gras fed" and "free range." I did, and was very disappointed at what I found. The food industry seems to write USDA regulations.

As it applies to the OP, I can't see the "impossible burger" being any worse than the "natural" foods I already buy.

And I still want to taste one, just to know if it really tastes like a burger. :yum:

CD
Don't need to do a lot of research about grass fed and free range when you know the rancher.

Seems like it would be difficult to get any texture in the lab grown meats. Muscles need to be exercised to some extent for muscle tone, and unless they stimulate them with an electric current, I don't see any way to get that. The tenderest meats are typically those muscles which do the least work, but they still do some work.
This isn't made from muscles, though, so those principles don't apply ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom