The last thing you bought, where did you buy it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
I didn't want to hijack the thread on 'what have you bought last'...but, where did you shop? Did you have a reason to shop where you shopped? ~Bliss
I shopped at the local Kwik Trip for the apple and pears and I'm not sure if I'll get a water softener from Lowes, Home Depot, or Farm and Fleet or ?
I shop at Kwik Trip for convenience, and good prices on fruit. ~Bliss

Even though I'm a "girl," I don't really care for shopping and really, really dislike the mall scene. I've always found shopping to be a bit of a chore, so I do it as efficiently as possible.

Yesterday I had to be in town for a meeting and I noticed an ad in Sunday's paper for Kohl's that advertised summer shoes. I needed some new white summer shoes and the ad showed some that appealed to me. I also had an old, old, old, store credit, so what the heck?

Yep, I ended up buying some nice Vera Wang shoes, using the store credit, and left the store with about $3. in change from the credit. I was a happy camper.

oh and i also bought cheese

i shopped at walmart super center and i shopped there because that is where i always shop and we deeded the items.

Yet another kitchen knife, a 300mm Hattori Sujihiki (used for slicing meat of all sorts) from Japanese Chefs Knife. The site is one of the best for Japanese kitchen knives, and Hattori is the Mercedes of genre. Here it is:

Img458.jpg

hm. that's a beautiful slicer! Chef has us using those from the knives we have to fillet fish.

Katie, I'm with you. Not much of a shopper. A friend who is visiting from down south is a real girly-girl, so I called her to tell her I need to shop for gardening stuff to get the gardens started, and she was delighted to come along. So the last thing I shopped for was two flats of plants (tomato, herb, and a few annuals), four bags of wood mulch, and four of top soil. Today will be her day for shopping on our old town main street. After that the only shopping I'll do for months will be groceries and drug store purchases. Most personal shopping I do by phone or on-line because clothes to fit my body aren't available in a normal person's store.

got a tea pitcher made of recycled glass. ordered on line from walmart. they have good prices. plus no shipping charges if it is purchased site to store. yesterday got big cupcake pan i ordered from amazon. they had the best price.

The last thing that I shopped for was pajamas at Kohl's. They had a ton of stuff on sale for 50 to 65 percent off, and I had one of those little promotional cards for an extra 15% off :cool:. I usually shop at Kohl's for clothes because it seems like I always have a discount card. Kohl's is actually pretty smart sending out all those discount cards throughout the year. I get sucked in regularly :rolleyes:.

I love hearing what you bought and where you bought it. Thanks for all the replies.
I bought a 22 wide flat panel monitor for under $170 today, I bought it at PC Mall. They do great prices and service.
I bought 3 more pears from Kwik Trip for lunch today, and pizza slices were a $1 a slice, so much for the diet for today.
Take care, be good, ~Bliss

i HATE enclosed malls with a passion!! i like to shop at stores where you park in front go in and come out (ie individual stores or a strip mall). they make malls so big these days!! 1,000 stores in 1 mall, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!! thats ridiculous!!

the last thing i bought was a combo set 1/2 sheet pan/silicone mat/sheet pan cover for $19.99 (sale is over) and mesquite and hickory smoking chips for $4.99 a bag at Chef Central. i was in and out in about 10 minutes!!

Not sure if "last thing I bought" is the correct category, but a friend and I had a wonderful lunch at a hole-in-the-wall sort of place today. I had a milestone day, in that I did my first "driving over a bridge" day and we found this little place after my victory.

I enjoyed a fabulous chicken-fried steak with mashed 'taters and gravy, green beans, etc. Really, really, really yummy. My friend had one of the prettiest burgers I've seen in a long time.

We ate like queens and didn't spend $10. How good is that?

Not sure if "last thing I bought" is the correct category, but a friend and I had a wonderful lunch at a hole-in-the-wall sort of place today. I had a milestone day, in that I did my first "driving over a bridge" day and we found this little place after my victory.

I enjoyed a fabulous chicken-fried steak with mashed 'taters and gravy, green beans, etc. Really, really, really yummy. My friend had one of the prettiest burgers I've seen in a long time.

We ate like queens and didn't spend $10. How good is that?
whooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo congrats!!

i bought two knitting patterns and go a free one on line. annsattic.com. unique site. you pick what u want , then pay with card. you can then down load the entire pattern. kinda fun really.

My husband starts collecting social security this month. I've always been a cheapskate when it comes to clothes and my husband is encouraging me to upgrade my wardrobe a bit (not that I look bad, I just haven't bought much new in a couple of years). So I hit a couple of my favorite catalogs and ordered a bit of a spring update. Would like a nice sun dress, but haven't seen anything that said "buy me".

Back
Top Bottom