The late late show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MSC

Head Chef
Just wanted to say hello to those of you online in the "middle of the night". Not that many of us, but obviously a 'mighty' group!
No, am not an insomniac, just lucky (IMO) not to need much sleep.

hi, msc.

it's daytime for some of our eurpoean and aussie members.

it's vampire standard time on the east coast.

I was up again, as usual, before you two, read DC and posted, then sat in the recliner. My back won't let me sleep through the night lately. I usually go back to bed around 6 am and up again around 8. Often, I find quite a crowd posting at night, but last night was pretty quiet.

hi, msc.

it's daytime for some of our eurpoean and aussie members.

it's vampire standard time on the east coast.
Hey bucky tom, I did know about the time across the pond and in aussie, and was addressing thos of us in the wee small hours of U.S. time zones. But you're right, I should have been more explanatory.
I thought 'vampire' time started right after the clock strikes twelve and lasts until the first signs of dawn threaten to turn our blood-sucking amigos into dust.

I have to watch the clock and kind of force myself to go to bed at a decent time (before 2:00) sometimes. If I don't watch it, I end up on vampire time. For quite awhile I was going to bed at sunrise. I didn't want to sleep the day away, so I ended up not getting as much sleep as I needed. I'm trying (not with a lot of success for the most part) to get myself used to something close to a regular work schedule sleep pattern. I'm sure it will help when James gets a job.

:)Barbara

i hate not being able to sleep. all to often it takes me a long time to go to sleep. but mostly am to sleepy to get up and do anything. don't believe em when they say , old people need less sleep. if i don't get eight or ten hours i am a major grouch.

I thought 'vampire' time started right after the clock strikes twelve and lasts until the first signs of dawn threaten to turn our blood-sucking amigos into dust.

lol, i work 11pm to frying time.

i really feel like a sanguivore some mornings. all of the studios and computer rack rooms that i work in have no windows, so when i walk out the door in the morning, i throw my cape up over my face, hiss, and retract from the sun.

Hey bucky tom, I did know about the time across the pond and in aussie, and was addressing thos of us in the wee small hours of U.S. time zones. But you're right, I should have been more explanatory.

It's not the first signs of dawn, I've found I can get home safely if I keep the mountain peak between me and the sun and stick to the shadows. The Necroglass in the Subaru helps, too! The apratment building is 2 stories and I park on the west, so no mad dash to the door.

However, since I am now working mostly daytime hours, I have to be very careful and hope for cloudy days.:ohmy:

lol, i work 11pm to frying time.

i really feel like a sanguivore some mornings. all of the studios and computer rack rooms that i work in have no windows, so when i walk out the door in the morning, i throw my cape up over my face, hiss, and retract from the sun.

Yeah...know the feeling! I miss creeping along the baseboards in the halls and sucking doing blood draws in the early mornings.

It is 3:42 a.m. here. I obviously didn't make it to bed early! I still have a couple things that need to be done, then I will head to bed. Hopefully I will be there by 4:30.

:huh:Barbara

Yeah...know the feeling! I miss creeping along the baseboards in the halls and sucking doing blood draws in the early mornings.
Jeez you guys--I'm never gonna venture out past midnight again without a garland of garlic cloves strung around my neck, vial of holy water in my pocket and cross firmly in hand...come to think of it, will have a mezuzah in the other hand just in case it's a Jewish vampire!

lol, that reminds me of an old ecumenical joke. a friend of mine had a jewish mother and a catholic father, so he was raised in both faiths.

when he went to his first holy confession, he brought his lawyer.

forgive me father, for i have sinned. i think you know mr. cohen...

bah dum dum.

ok, folks, i'll be here on ze midnight shift all ze veek.

Last edited:
My boss told me this morning I sent her the last e-mail at 12:30 am...she doesn't wonder anymore why I come dragging in to work.

ROFL! @ MSC!!!

I have to go in 2 hours earlier today...so I went to bed a whole 15 minutes early last night! yes, my tukas is dragging, again!

Just got back from a resto with live music and tonight it was a band with a couple of guys from the Coasters in it, so playing lots of 50s & 60s music, good fun.
Didn't spot one lurking vampire, maybe too many cops with wooden stakes!

Just got back from a resto with live music and tonight it was a band with a couple of guys from the Coasters in it, so playing lots of 50s & 60s music, good fun.
Didn't spot one lurking vampire, maybe too many cops with wooden stakes!

Not all of us wear capes...or lurk...:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom