The legendary Fats Domino is missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I'm sorry (for you) that one of your favorite singers is missing, he had it within his means to leave. I find it hard to feel too sorry for celebrities (or their families) who chose to stay in the presence of all the information and warnings.

He, and others who chose to stay when they had the means and opportunity to leave are, in my opinion, simply foolish. Famous, yes. Talented, yes... but more significant in any way than any of the hundreds or thousands of others for whom this tragedy has affected??? No.

Sorry if this seems cold, but these people are just people... and they're people who could have left.

I understand what your saying, believe me. I don't know, myself, why so many stayed, even when the president himself told them on every news station to leave that it was a huge storm. I just hate that they chose to stay and died that way. So many just didn't believe that it woiuld be that bad, because they survived Camille in 1969.

Texas, my feelings are that any life lost be it rich and famous or just ordinary joe, is sad..All of us at times make foolish decisions..That we die for that decision, is yes foolish, but still sad.

kadesma

Yes, Kadesma, it is very sad.
Even seeing the people that are still there is sad. They were told to go to the convention center and the salvation army and the red cross would be there to help. What we just watched on NBC news, is that, the people there, have still not seen either one. Something needs to be done to get these people water and food and diapers for the innocent babies.

You know Texas, I agree something needs to be done...Not everyone at the center, had the choice of to stay or go..Some had no means and could not afford to leave, Those that decided to stay, even though they were warned and had the money to go, I can understand why they shose to stay...I might think them stubborn and a pain in the rear and think why should I help someone who refuses to help themself..?? Well, they are our people, related or not, we all call this earth home and the sooner we show compassion for the stubborn and foolish,it becomes Oh so easy to give to the innocent. We need to remember there might be a time when we too need someones hand. Kadesma

People should have left. Period. Though, no one expected this to be so bad. But folks have to be responsible for their actions, or lack there of.

We're all assuming Fats made a decision to stay behind in spite of the orders to the contrary. It could be that it was out of his control due to illness or injury or something else entirely. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt rather than condemning him.

This is such a bad, sad situation. I've never understood why people who could go, didn't. But then, many times in Florida, my own parents refused to go when warned. The fact is, there are so many warnings, that people get inured to them. "Everyone" knew that if a serious hurricane hit NO, it would be a disaster beyond American comprehension. AFter all, it was 11' below sea level, and the levee is at least 15' high. I'm dissappointed in our government's response. And I'm especially sad that the one thing I told hubby when the hurricane looked to hit NO: "Hon, if that hits there will be disaster that may result in riots during the aftermath." I'm quite disappointed in the speed of response ... I think we got aid to the tsunami victims in southeast Asia faster. I fear we're going to see repurcusions on this one for even longer than the many years it will take to rebuild the infrastructure of the gulf coast.

I started out being angry and unsympathetic with those who stayed and didn't evacuate. But ya know, not everyone has transportation. Not everyone has money for a ride, a motel, etc. Not everyone has friends or family they can run to. Then I heard of a woman who was going to go to a shelter - but they told her she couldn't bring her little dog. She chose to stay rather than abandon her pet. I can soooo relate to that. There's no way I could have walked away and left my dogs. period! i'm so sorry for all those who have had to make difficult choices...

texas you'll be happy to know it was just reported on the news he was found safe with his family. don't know where they found him but he's safe

Andy M. said:
We're all assuming Fats made a decision to stay behind in spite of the orders to the contrary. It could be that it was out of his control due to illness or injury or something else entirely. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt rather than condemning him.

I am not condemning him by any means. I'm just saying that he's the same as everybody else. No more, no less... and even if he's not feeling well or is injured, I'm ASSUMING that he had the information, means and opportunity to get out.

I just get tired of hearing of missing celebrities at this point, while we're looking at video images of thousands of others who are still at serious risk. I really couldn't care less that there may be once-famous people who are unaccounted for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom