"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

i shared a bathroom for several years with my two teenage gs. they had lousy aim . lordy i would get mad when i sat in a puddle. spoke to them about it.
no change. same deal one day and went to grandson's room and really chewed him out in front of his girl friend, now wife. that took care of it.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Personally, I like #1
Are you talking about the rules or are we still on toilet habits?

Barbara

Old 10-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner_chef View Post
...*YOU* not putting the seat down, means me falling into the toilet!!...

Falling into the toilet!?!? Really? Let's see, how many ways can you think of to keep that from happening that doesn't involve another person. I'll start you off with one - OPEN YOUR EYES!
Old 10-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

[quote=Andy M.;701575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner_chef View Post
...*YOU* not putting the seat down, means me falling into the toilet!!...quote]

Falling into the toilet!?!? Really? Let's see, how many ways can you think of to keep that from happening that doesn't involve another person. I'll start you off with one - OPEN YOUR EYES!
Easy enough--if it isn't the middle of the night and either the lights are off, or the eyes just don't want to work right! Fortunately, I don't have that problem with James. He very rarely leaves the seat up.

Barbara
Old 10-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #15
Master Chef

Oh, dear, you not only do not want a wife, you never want to have a relationship with another human being!
Old 10-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #16
Certified Pretend Chef

[quote=Barbara L;701577]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Easy enough--if it isn't the middle of the night and either the lights are off, or the eyes just don't want to work right! Fortunately, I don't have that problem with James. He very rarely leaves the seat up.

Barbara

OK, the lights are out and /or your eyes are closed yet you manage to get yourself to the appropriate location and position and you can't manage to reach back and check the seat position?!

Don't get me wrong. I always put the seat down. I was married and raised two daughters. Putting the seat down was a practical necessity for survival. I still do it.

I just don't like that guys haqve to take the heat for your falling into the toilet. You never hear about a guy falling into the toilet because he or someone else left the seat up.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

[quote=Andy M.;701580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post

OK, the lights are out and /or your eyes are closed yet you manage to get yourself to the appropriate location and position and you can't manage to reach back and check the seat position?!

Don't get me wrong. I always put the seat down. I was married and raised two daughters. Putting the seat down was a practical necessity for survival. I still do it.

I just don't like that guys haqve to take the heat for your falling into the toilet. You never hear about a guy falling into the toilet because he or someone else left the seat up.
I'm just not as wide awake when I get up in the middle of the night, I guess! LOL But I also don't make a habit of falling into the toilet. I think that has happened to me once in my life. I always look because I never know who (speaking of the dog and two cats now) might have been drinking out of it and dribbled on the seat. I hate sitting on a wet seat!

I think I told once what happened to my aunt and her step-dad. She didn't want to wake anyone up when she got up during the night, so she didn't turn on the light. She went into the bathroom and sat right on her step-dad's lap! He hadn't wanted to wake anyone up either!

Barbara
Old 10-12-2008, 05:08 AM   #18
Master Chef

Hubby was raised in a house where you not only put the seat down, but the lid as well. Many moons ago, Abby or Anne (don't remember which)(surely most of you are old enough to remember who I'm talking about) went to experts. Lid up or down? The experts told her that a toilet flush actually splatters microscopic stuff (hey, I'm no scientist) for something like 10 or 12 feet. That, in fact, not only the seat, but as hubby insists, lid, should be down when you flush. Think about it. Where is YOUR toothbrush?
Old 10-12-2008, 08:03 AM   #19
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
First, If two people in cohabitation have to debate the toilet seat, IMHO, way more that that is wrong.

To expect gender, male, to remember to put the seat down, is exactly the same as expecting gender, female to put the seat up. Not checking the seat is an act of forgetfulness, that is gender neutral. Males should bear no more blame than females.

Claire, really has the absolute answer. both seat and lid down, both genders, every time, no possibility for problems. I never thought about splatter and that point is also really good.

P. S. I have two labs and I prefer them drinking out of their water bowls. It's just better that way.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #20
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Hubby was raised in a house where you not only put the seat down, but the lid as well. Many moons ago, Abby or Anne (don't remember which)(surely most of you are old enough to remember who I'm talking about) went to experts. Lid up or down? The experts told her that a toilet flush actually splatters microscopic stuff (hey, I'm no scientist) for something like 10 or 12 feet. That, in fact, not only the seat, but as hubby insists, lid, should be down when you flush. Think about it. Where is YOUR toothbrush?
This is what we do in our house for the exact same reason. It is unsanitary to flush with the lid up. My toothbrush is not out in the open, but even still, I do not want that stuff spraying around my bathroom.