"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 10-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #31
Chief Eating Officer
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
This usually means in the dark.
This is the one that really confuses me. When I go to the bathroom I turn on the light. Why would you not turn on the light just because it is the middle of the night?

You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #32
Executive Chef
I agree with buckytom. We went from 22+ #1 rules to just 1 #1 rule. The grossest one at that!
And one to add:
1. If you never expect anything, you'll never be disappointed. Anything else is a bonus. (As told to me by my ex repeatedly over 6 years time)

quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:11 AM   #33
Certified Pretend Chef
Has anyone ever considered a night light in the bathroom?
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:27 AM   #34
Executive Chef
Although I have found it annoying to realize the seat is up when I have blindly sat down it the middle of the night (I don't turn the light on because it hurts your eyes when you are half asleep! and by the time your eyes will get adjusted to it, you would be done already!) I have never found it a big enough problem to make it an issue between the man and me. I choose to pick my battles, I'd rather save my "nagging" for more important things!
And for the record I wash my hands it the dark as well, you know the positioning of the sink and soap and don't have to worry about it not being in the right spot!
"Many people have eaten my cooking & gone on to lead Normal lives."

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #35
Senior Cook
Smile Seat & lid down

I'm a single male and I always put the seat and lid down after I use the toilet. I was trained that way as a child many decades ago.
"When the kitchen smells spicy and wonderful, it can only mean one thing... it's not my kitchen."--- Maxine
Max Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #36
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I really don't think most women fall into the toilet on a regular basis. It was just a point being made. I did it once (it was something I had never had to deal with my whole life). I learned. I believe most women learn. It is just one of those perpetual arguments that go on between men and women. Kind of like the "argument" my daughter and I have over whether it is "pop" or "soda." We both know we aren't going to change the other's mind, and we don't care. It is just a game with us.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #37
Sous Chef
Woohwee! Look at what I started!.......

Sorry to ruin the joke for you Buckytom...I was just joking back. No I don't regularly "fall" into the toilet everytime I go somewhere and the toilet seats up... But there have been a few times i've came close because of it. One time, I was running VERY late for work, and ran in, threw the pants down, and WOAH!! Yes... I normally look before I sit down.. and like some people have stated..
-I don't want to turn the light on in the middle of the night because it hurts.
-I don't have my glasses (contacts) in.
-And i'm just sleepy!
Like Barbara said, It's just something to joke about. I would never get in a "fight" with my husband, or anyone for that matter,over something like that...
DietitianInTraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #38
Master Chef
Plastic wrap: $1.50
Having a wicked mind: Priceless

Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote