The missing 777 Malaysian plane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
When when it ever be found? Or not.

Here's a bit of news from today (Mar 20)

"two large objects bobbing in a remote part of the Indian Ocean were part of a possible debris field of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight.
One of the objects spotted by satellite imagery had a dimension of 25 meters (82 feet) and the other one was smaller."

Could those be parts of the wings, which might float? And if they can, for how long?

But this statement struck me as funny:

"while cautioning that the objects could also be seaborne debris along a key shipping route where containers periodically fall off cargo vessels." :LOL:

Australia: Malaysia Airlines Plane Search Finds Objects Possibly Related To Missing Jet

Good thread there cave.

There are several theories floating around out there depending on whom you listen to.

Okay I will bite.

Terrorists hijacked the plane. They took control of the plane, decompressed the cabin and killed all the passengers, while they were relatively safe in the pilot bay.
Or they took the plane to 45,000' and allowed all to go to sleep (except them) forever.

They then took the plane to a terrorist country, hid it in a airplane hanger and at this very moment are retrofitting it with many pounds of explosives for a big show.

I am surprised someone hasn't blamed the President yet.

Okay I will bite.

Terrorists hijacked the plane. They took control of the plane, decompressed the cabin and killed all the passengers, while they were relatively safe in the pilot bay.
Or they took the plane to 45,000' and allowed all to go to sleep (except them) forever.

They then took the plane to a terrorist country, hid it in a airplane hanger and at this very moment are retrofitting it with many pounds of explosives for a big show.

I am surprised someone hasn't blamed the President yet.

Oh, they'll get around to that, I'm sure!:wacko: After all, what's the fun of having a President if you can't blame him or her for all the woes in your life!

Oh, and your idea sounds almost as good as others floating around! Or better. Or the right one.

Last edited:
When when it ever be found? Or not.

Here's a bit of news from today (Mar 20)

"two large objects bobbing in a remote part of the Indian Ocean were part of a possible debris field of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight.
One of the objects spotted by satellite imagery had a dimension of 25 meters (82 feet) and the other one was smaller."

Could those be parts of the wings, which might float? And if they can, for how long?

But this statement struck me as funny:

"while cautioning that the objects could also be seaborne debris along a key shipping route where containers periodically fall off cargo vessels." :LOL:

Australia: Malaysia Airlines Plane Search Finds Objects Possibly Related To Missing Jet
Adds a whole new dimension to the saying "It fell off the back of a lorry"

I actually heard this from the internet. So who knows. A mystery for sure.
Do you have a theory?
The plane crashed and the crew and passengers escaped and found themselves in a lost Tibetan valley, cut off from the world and from time. (With apologies to James Hilton.)

Or perhaps 777 was abducted by Martian spheres. (Ok, I'm listening to a re-run of a 1950s BBC radio serial called "Journey Into Space")

Last edited:
Here's a few theories about the loss of contact with air traffic controllers:

1. It lost contact with the air traffic controllers because the equipment at the air controllers facility was old and faulty.

2. The air traffic controllers were busy posting selfies on Facebook

3. The controllers were drunk or stoned.

But the plane is still up there looking for some sober controllers who can land them safely---- in Roswell NM.

They have said those things they saw floating could not be anything from the plane. Anything that big from a plane would not be buoyant. The only things that would float would be much smaller like seat cushions.

The best theory I have heard so far is that there was a fire in the cockpit. One procedure in that situation is to shut down everything. They turn everything off just so that is why the transponder was turned off. The 90 degree turn was due to the pilots turning towards the closest airstrip they could use for an emergency landing. The fire quickly grew and the pilots passed out or were overcome by the flames and the plane went into the ocean.

This is just one possible theory. I am sure I did not get all the details of it spot on. This theory came from another pilot so I am sure I missed some of the other details, but this very simple theory seemed to make a lot of sense to me. A lot more so than a black hole at least.

My personal view is that the plane is at the bottom of the ocean. I do not think it is terrorists or any other elaborate theory.

They have said those things they saw floating could not be anything from the plane. Anything that big from a plane would not be buoyant. The only things that would float would be much smaller like seat cushions.

One person I heard commenting on that said it could be plane parts and other debris tangled together with cabling, etc. The satellite image didn't have a high enough resolution to be able to tell what it was.

The best theory I have heard so far is that there was a fire in the cockpit.

That one made sense to me, too, but other pilots are skeptical. This page includes a link to the original theory: http://www.businessinsider.com/did-missing-plane-fly-for-hours-after-deadly-fire-2014-3

Edit: The original theory is the same thing cave just posted.

Last edited:
@GG---- we must have been posting at the same time. (grin) Same theory, different media.

One person I heard commenting on that said it could be plane parts and other debris tangled together with cabling, etc. The satellite image didn't have a high enough resolution to be able to tell what it was.
What they could tell from the imagery though was the size and the prevailing thought (from what I have read) is that something that big would not be able to be kept afloat like that just from being tangles in some debris. it is simply too much mass.

Back
Top Bottom