The Most Iconic Movie Line Ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
What do you think is the most iconic movie like ever uttered? I will hold off on posting mine until others post some of theirs. Pick just one.

"Who made that yummy sound?" from Young Frankenstein (Frahnkenshteen). OK, another not-really-iconic, but a favorite in this house.

Does the Slim Pickens bomb-ride-accompanying song from Dr. Strangelove count -- "We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when"...

So far, each one that's been suggested has got to be The One until I see the next one. How can that be?? :LOL:

Or Harrison Ford's "I hate snakes."

This is a great thread. Thanks!

You can have a pass this time tinlizzie :)

ChefJune, if I am not mistaken, he never actually said "Play it again Sam".

OK my pick is...

"I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more."

Last edited:
While cooking in the kitchen:
"That's not a knife, THIS is a knife":LOL:
(and thanks for helping)

While playing cribbage with an egotistical opponent:
"Sometimes when you win, you lose":LOL:
(they may win the game, but, the rest of the night might bring losing to them)

Linda: I was receiving packages from our regular UPS man and he brought in a trainee, introduced him as Luke.
I told him straight faced: "Luke, I am not your father"
Lame, I know but it got a few giggles. I'm sure he's heard variations on that one, it's old.

Crocodile Dundee
What Dreams May Come

I couldn't pick one, I use these almost daily.

Just a thought..... if you have to explain it, it's not iconic. :ermm:
I was thinking the same thing. There are a lot of lines James and I use from movies that I don't think will fit here. One that comes to mind is, "I gotta pee," Forrest Gump at the White House.

Some of the ones here definitely could be considered iconic, such as the ones mentioned from "Gone with the Wind," "Crocodile Dundee," and "Star Wars," and a couple others.

Another I thought of, but still not on a level with some of those mentioned, is, "I'm king of the world!"

I believe the line from "Casablanca" is "Play it Sam," but I'm not sure.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom