"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #31
Senior Cook

I was really glad David Cook won. He has a much broader range than David Archuletta. All throughout the show, David Archuletta sounded the same while David Cook really challenged himself with some of the songs. I would buy a David Cook CD, I wouldn't buy a David Archuletta CD.

My first concert was Andy Gibb...I thought he was dreamy. I have to laugh just thinking about it.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #32
Sous Chef

The DVR stopped recording about one second after Seacrest announced the winner.

That was enough to see DA's immediate reaction to coming in second.

He smiled.

In retrospect, noting the muted personality and lack of emotion, I'm thinking there is a possibility DA is on some pretty stout happy pills.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #33
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wart View Post
The DVR stopped recording about one second after Seacrest announced the winner.

That was enough to see DA's immediate reaction to coming in second.

He smiled.

In retrospect, noting the muted personality and lack of emotion, I'm thinking there is a possibility DA is on some pretty stout happy pills.
either that or he is very reserved. At his age he might be more reserved than anything. here that is kind of the norm. when i was his age. i was always intimidated. it took alot out of me to be myself. Hisd house at christmas time is pretty cool. they have automated lights and what not.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #34
Executive Chef

GB, thanks for the clarification. "The shorter one" too cutsey-pretty............................
Old 05-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #35
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I'm glad DC won - DA is good but not what I want to listen to - at least on a consistent basis - I will listen to DC all day long.......................Like Chris Daughtry - I love that guy
Old 05-24-2008, 09:36 AM   #36
Head Chef

The AI finale showed in the U.S. at 11am my time in Bangkok but was only going to air six hours later at 5pm. So even when some people got wind of the winner through the web, I made sure I didn't learn who it was until I saw the show for myself.

Well, an hour into the show, just as Seacrest was counting down to the announcement, there was thunder and lightning outside and my cable tv signal went off. I couldn't believe it. It was down for more than 15 min! I had to switch to another channel to check for the cable signal because I didn't want a spoiler in case they've already made the announcement. I didn't know how long the show would run, whether for one hour only or longer.

So after waiting in agony for half the day, I had to wait another 2 hours to watch the replay.

It was worth it though. I was SO happy it was David Cook.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Did any of you know who Donna Summer was? She was one of the people that sang with the group! One of the 'older' ones. Also ZZ Top was featured. this post is really kind of scrambled as I never get to see a show from beginning to end. Have to go back and watch from beginning. Only got to see the winner and then t oday saw the whole thing. One show I am planning on keeping. Anyone see Ryan Seacrest get u an dance? Also Seal was on too. Really had terrific show. Did you dig the shoes that DC had on?