The new Idol of America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see, like the band; Men with out hats and their hit "Pop Goes The World"
Wow talk about a walk down memory lane!!!

The Hooters were nothing like that band other than the fact that they were both 80's bands.

David A is just too young right now. I think in a few years when he is a bit more seasoned and if he can break away from his dad a bit then he will be able to do really well for himself.

i'll bet i haven't seen fifteen min. all together , any of these shows.

my grandson's wife to be got picked in first round, then didn't go any farther. has a very pure clean voices. nice girl but not the norm in looks

maybe simon's tendancy to insult and be cruel put me off.

babe

Simon was the most honest person there.

{added while GB was posting}

I would write what I do with the fast forward button during the critique phase but there is at least one mod who thinks my not wanting to listen to mindless prattle is disrespectful in a personal way. (?)

So what.

{/addition}

Last edited:
I never watch the show. Watched it last night because there was absolutly nothing on.

David C. had a presence about him. David A. was just a kid with a voice. (Keep in mind like I said, this was the only time I watched it.)

When they went to break and said One Republic was next I was planted in front of the TV (Probably my favorite band right now behind Maroon 5.) I was all into the song, then David A. popped out... to me he did nothing to compliment the song. When David C. came out with ZZ Top, he had me rocking out.

Loved seeing Bryan Adams and all the other performers. At the end when they started out with some George Michael songs, I was like... there's no way... then there he was... awsome.

This David Cook seems like a professional already. You don't think this is fixed do you? Start to wonder when someone looks so good already. From Blue Springs MO. Brad Pitt from MO too. Must have something to do with the water!
my husband couldn't not mention his clown shoes though. I said, "What?". So we had to rewind and sure enough, David Cook had on these turn way up pointy toe things on his feet that looked like something a jester would wear.

For me the highlight of the show was the Graham Nash Brooke White duet.

And Paula was about falling out.

I'm with babetoo. When I did turn it on the other night, channel surfing, I thought D C sang very well, but too cutsey-pretty for my taste. I didn't see D A perform, but the bed hair is not my thing either and he didn't seem to have charisma.

quicksilver, I think you got your D's confused. DC is the one with bed hair and DA is the cutesy one.

I was really glad David Cook won. He has a much broader range than David Archuletta. All throughout the show, David Archuletta sounded the same while David Cook really challenged himself with some of the songs. I would buy a David Cook CD, I wouldn't buy a David Archuletta CD.

My first concert was Andy Gibb...I thought he was dreamy. I have to laugh just thinking about it.

The DVR stopped recording about one second after Seacrest announced the winner.

That was enough to see DA's immediate reaction to coming in second.

He smiled.

In retrospect, noting the muted personality and lack of emotion, I'm thinking there is a possibility DA is on some pretty stout happy pills.

The DVR stopped recording about one second after Seacrest announced the winner.

That was enough to see DA's immediate reaction to coming in second.

He smiled.

In retrospect, noting the muted personality and lack of emotion, I'm thinking there is a possibility DA is on some pretty stout happy pills.

either that or he is very reserved. At his age he might be more reserved than anything. here that is kind of the norm. when i was his age. i was always intimidated. it took alot out of me to be myself. Hisd house at christmas time is pretty cool. they have automated lights and what not.

I'm glad DC won - DA is good but not what I want to listen to - at least on a consistent basis - I will listen to DC all day long.......................Like Chris Daughtry - I love that guy

The AI finale showed in the U.S. at 11am my time in Bangkok but was only going to air six hours later at 5pm. So even when some people got wind of the winner through the web, I made sure I didn't learn who it was until I saw the show for myself.

Well, an hour into the show, just as Seacrest was counting down to the announcement, there was thunder and lightning outside and my cable tv signal went off. I couldn't believe it. It was down for more than 15 min! I had to switch to another channel to check for the cable signal because I didn't want a spoiler in case they've already made the announcement. I didn't know how long the show would run, whether for one hour only or longer.

So after waiting in agony for half the day, I had to wait another 2 hours to watch the replay.

It was worth it though. I was SO happy it was David Cook.

Did any of you know who Donna Summer was? She was one of the people that sang with the group! One of the 'older' ones. Also ZZ Top was featured. this post is really kind of scrambled as I never get to see a show from beginning to end. Have to go back and watch from beginning. Only got to see the winner and then t oday saw the whole thing. One show I am planning on keeping. Anyone see Ryan Seacrest get u an dance? Also Seal was on too. Really had terrific show. Did you dig the shoes that DC had on?

Back
Top Bottom