The new Idol of America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
So what did you guys think of last nights show.

I had no idea who David Archileta was until a week ago. Turns out that i was at his house this last Christmas for a party.

To me i think David Cook deserves it. I dont think America wanted another "Josh Groban" The news said that he had all the little girls voting for him and kids and how "cute" it was that the girls loved him so much. Thats just it, people didnt want cute, they want sexy and energetic. Someone who is wild.

But none the less they both are dang good and could outsing me.

What did you guys think?

They are both very good in their own very different ways. From the beginning, when I would mention him and people would say, now which one is David Cook?, I thought he would win. He has his own style and it's all the things you said.

yup, he is very good. i would have loved to see the other dave win because he is from my town and what not. But, he will go just as far i think. When cook played with ZZ top, thats when i knew he was going to win, even though the vote had all ready been set.

David A can sing. No doubt about it. He is way too "Disney" to win a competition like this though. David C was much better suited to win the competition and I think he deserved it.

I'd wanted DA to win all along. Just such a seemingly sweetheart of a kid, but then, that doesn't sell records. I think his voice is beautiful though, more so than DC. DC has grown on me and honestly it didn't matter to me who won. I'm not a voter...it was pretty equal. I've decided DC is just a lovely specimen of a young gentleman though:brows:

George Michael

Thought it so unusual that at the moment they introduced George Michael I had just turned on the tv. I was crazy. did not have it recorded and then to turn on at that moment, how great is that? He certainly has gotten older. Hence, why the shades? His voice is still the same and will always remember the songs he sang. Has a real story that he should write but then I assume the reporters would really persecute him even more. I don't know how he stands it, seems like a real sensitive man.

Oh, the reason I was so happy is in July we are going to one of his concerts in Chicago. What a hassle we had trying to even get the tickets! Since they think it is his last tour here in US I sure hope we get to see him and that it isn't canceled. always negative thinking, not good. I will get to see him and I will tell you all about it.

did you see Paula crying while he was singing? Yes, I agree with the outcome of the show. This David Cook seems like a professional already. You don't think this is fixed do you? Start to wonder when someone looks so good already. From Blue Springs MO. Brad Pitt from MO too. Must have something to do with the water!

David A can sing. No doubt about it. He is way too "Disney" to win a competition like this though. David C was much better suited to win the competition and I think he deserved it.

LOL, yeah disney is right. If he was a little bit older than he could have won. I just think its cool that Dave A. actually made that far. To bad he just didnt add any more spunk to his style. But thats ok. He is a really nice kid.

Thought it so unusual that at the moment they introduced George Michael I had just turned on the tv. I was crazy. did not have it recorded and then to turn on at that moment, how great is that? He certainly has gotten older. Hence, why the shades? His voice is still the same and will always remember the songs he sang. Has a real story that he should write but then I assume the reporters would really persecute him even more. I don't know how he stands it, seems like a real sensitive man.

Oh, the reason I was so happy is in July we are going to one of his concerts in Chicago. What a hassle we had trying to even get the tickets! Since they think it is his last tour here in US I sure hope we get to see him and that it isn't canceled. always negative thinking, not good. I will get to see him and I will tell you all about it.

did you see Paula crying while he was singing? Yes, I agree with the outcome of the show. This David Cook seems like a professional already. You don't think this is fixed do you? Start to wonder when someone looks so good already. From Blue Springs MO. Brad Pitt from MO too. Must have something to do with the water!

With media and politics, there is a chance it could have been pre chosen. Im not saying that it is. It almost seems that its really the judges who pick and not the people but i really think that it is the people. I dont think it has become corrupt yet.

BTW i have no idea who George M. is. i had no idea who half those people are except Gladys knight, when my sister was on her mission in Hollywood, she used to eat dinner at her house every so often.

Did you get to see George Michael sing on the show? I guess he was before your time. Gladys Knight was good one too. I really don't think George was in public while going through the ordeals he has had.

Ahh Brian Adams, my very first concert. The Hooters opened for him. No doubt you have never heard of them!

LOL, yeah disney is right. If he was a little bit older than he could have won. I just think its cool that Dave A. actually made that far. To bad he just didnt add any more spunk to his style. But thats ok. He is a really nice kid.

Actually some other winners of this competition have been just as "disney" last year's winner Jordin Sparks was the same age as David and just as syrupy sweet....I just love that a rocker won this year...America chose to go a different way than usual and it was nice to see. David Cook really deserved to win...

Ahh Brian Adams, my very first concert. The Hooters opened for him. No doubt you have never heard of them!
Nope i have not. No idea who or what they are for that matter.

Are they a pretty cool band?

Nope i have not. No idea who or what they are for that matter.

Are they a pretty cool band?

They were another 80's band that had a couple of hits. They were a lot of fun. Kids today probably would not appreciate them now though.

I'm trying to remember my first concert ... Dave Mason?

So Cook Won? Cool, I have it recorded but haven't watched it yet. I won't spoil it for Wife.

I feel D A has the better voice but throughout this season he struck me as being bland, lacking in personality and having no real fire. Way too much of a MaMas boy. And children singing ADULT songs has always irked me.

Cook has more gut, but that wouldn't be too difficult.

I guess I should watch the finale .....

Breathless singing and big notes seemed to be the order of this season. It seemed a schtick used by most (?) of the contestants. Seemed to me breathless or loud was their major tools.

Way to make me feel old LT :LOL:

Don't worry--you're not so old, I know who George Michael is and I'm only a couple years older than LT. Name any band from the 60's, 70's, or 80's and I'll likely know or at least will have heard of them.

Back on topic...I haven't watched a single episode (no tv) but I think my mom really wants David A to win because she likes his singing, but also thinks it might be better if he doesn't win so he can focus on going on a mission to be a good example to other young men of his religion (he happens to be a member of the same religion as my mother and I).

It seems likely to me though, that he is just too young, and maybe if he tries again in a few years he will have more success.

Back
Top Bottom