The newest addition to the family!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeninga75

Sous Chef
I finally found a friend for my dog Aspen. I knew I didn't need another dog as I'm in a pretty small apartment. I knew she liked cats by a stray she used to play with. After looking and asking around I finally found Cricket! I didn't want a kitten because I was afraid Aspen would unintentionally hurt it. Cicket was fostered in a home with multiple large dogs so she was used to them. (that's what I was asking around about) She came to the shelter pregnant and has been in foster care for 8 months. No one has wanted her because she's about a year and a half old her foster mom said. It's been a week and she's doing great! Aspen has taken a few pops on the nose but she's learning that she can't bum rush Cricket like another dog. Aspen has been more playful and active sice Cricket arrived. She's 6 and has hip dysplasia so she seems a bit depressed sometimes. I'm so glad she's perked up! :)

Attachments

• Picture 138.jpg
    Picture 138.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Picture 135.jpg
    Picture 135.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 169
They looks so happy together!!!!!!!! They are beautiful! Congrats on your new addition to the family! And congrats to Aspen and Cricket on makin' new furriends!!!!

Lonely

No one wants to really be alone. I am very thankful that you were wanting to find someone for Aspen. (Unusual name. My dog China, Grandma wanted to name him. Reason: so small) Our vet has office full of cats that people gave up. They are everywhere and the dogs don't bother them. I often wondered if the claws were something to worry about? Isn't it great to come home and have them waiting for you, and you alone. They are thankful too that you consider them the way you do with such love. I am also looking for companion for my dog, he is depressed after losing two friends within six months. Wanted to get older dog but worry about health problems that I had with the two that passed. Seems after 6 years dogs start to show signs of age, well most of them do.

I know you will have enjoyable Thanksgiving. Pets really make a difference in everyone's life. thank you for sharing. Priceless!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom