"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
... starts tonight. Anyone planning to watch? I am
I am too! By the way, for any Amateur Gourmet fans, he will be posting a commentary blog on the Food Network website after every episode. Quote from his first blog:

"Judging by tonight's episode, Chef Morou will have your oysters shucked in a jiffy, but they'll be slathered in his blood. And Chef Cosentino may whip up his olive oil zabayone quite zippily, but that extra hit of salinity you're tasting probably came from his forehead."

LOL!

Old 10-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #12
Master Chef

Eh, it's all fake. Why bother....

Old 10-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #13
Master Chef

Re: Morou - husband & I were laughing about that too!! How after he cut his hand fileting the salmon he went right onto the oyster shucking without any hesitation. We couldn't believe that he wouldn't have gotten a ton of points deducted for that from a sanitation standpoint.

I mean, heck, I could cut things up at the speed of light too, but what good would it do since at the end I certainly wouldn't have many fingers left - lol!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Did anyone watch Sunday? I am fascinated by the science thing, but I could never cook that way. No more women. I am enjoying the show, it's a little different from than the others I usually watch.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #15
Master Chef

I completely forgot about it & missed this past Sunday's episode, but am sure Food Network will repeat it ad infinitum (that's their thing).

Husband & I did get a giggle out of Chef Morou being one of the noted chef's in this past Sunday's Washington Post magazine section, which was/is the annual Wash. DC "Dining Guide". Wonder if the editors caught him bleeding all over his food in the first "New Iron Chef" episode. Bet that's given some diners 2nd thoughts - lol!!!!