The Nutcracker - Story and Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
The Nutcracker - Story and Music

It's Christmas at the Stahlbaum home. There' s a huge tree, and many guests arrive to celebrate with the family. Clara's godfather, Herr Drosselmeyer, makes magical toys. He entertains the guests with two life-sized dolls that dance around the room. Then he gives gifts to the children, and gives Clara a very special gift of a nutcracker. Her brother, Fritz, is jealous, and grabs the nutcracker and it gets broken! Clara is very upset, so Herr Drosselmeyer repairs the doll before handing it back to her..

Soon after, all the guests leave and the children go to bed. Clara gets up in the night and goes downstairs to get her nutcracker from under the tree. She falls asleep there, and is transported into Christmas fantasy where her nutcracker has grown to the size of a human. When the Mouse King attacks, the Nutcracker Prince tries to valiantly defend young Clara, but is struck down in the battle. Clara in turn saves her Nutcracker Prince by throwing her shoe at the Mouse King and defeating him.

With the nasty Mouse King out of the way, Clara runs to the Nutcracker Prince. When she kisses him, he turns into a human! Then she and her Prince are whisked away through the Enchanted Forest, where they see dancing snowflakes and other wonders. Then they travel further to the Kingdom of the Sweets.

spacer.gif
You can see photos of Act I from a ballet performance of this story.

Midi Files
Miniature Overture from the Classical MIDI Archives
March from the Classical MIDI Archives
Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from the Classical MIDI Archives
Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

Real Audio Files
You can hear a Real Audio clips from "The Narada Nutcracker" of these songs:
Overture, March, Children's Galop, Pine Forest, and the Waltz Of The Snowflakes

The Kingdom of the Sweets

In the Kingdom of Sweets, Clara and the Prince behold the wondrous beauty of the Sugarplum Fairy. She invites the couple to stay for a while and enjoy the entertainment of her subjects. Clara and the prince watch in awe as the inhabitants of the Kingdom of Sweets dance before them.
When the dancers are finished, Clara and her Prince sail home in a magic sleigh made of ice and candy. On Christmas morning, Clara wakes under the tree holding her nutcracker doll.
You can see photos of Act II of a ballet performance of this story.

Midi Files
Chinese Dance from the Classical MIDI Archives
Russian Dance from the Classical MIDI Archives
Arabian Dance from the Classical MIDI Archives
Dance of the Reed-Flutes from the Classical MIDI Archives
Waltz Of The Flowers from the Classical MIDI Archives

Real Audio Files
Russian Dance from Elycia's Real Audio Holidazzle

Quicktime Movie
See the Washington Ballet School and Company perform part of the sweets dance (628k) from CNN

Links to the sites the music is from:
MIDI sequence(s) from the Classical MIDI Archives - by permission. Elycia's Real Audio Holidazzle

Mish, thank you!! I saw this when I was a little girl. My first professional ballet that I ever saw. I will never forget it either!!

My favorites are the dance of the sugar plum fairy and the waltz of the flowers! I'm making DH mad, lol, he hates this music! hahahahaha

Last edited:
texasgirl said:
Mish, thank you!! I saw this when I was a little girl. My first professional ballet that I ever saw. I will never forget it either!!

My favorites are the dance of the sugar plum fairy and the waltz of the flowers! I'm making DH mad, lol, he hates this music! hahahahaha

It was the first ballet I saw too, texas - and in N.Y.C.

(Turn up the sound for the Marching Soldiers. That should do it! :ROFLMAO: )

I lied. My first ballet was Sleeping Beauty... but it doesn't count since the star was asleep thru most of the show. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom