The Other Side of the Story-Say It Ain't So!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i used to love ketchup .. but i am the kind of person
that puts mayo on hotdogs .. i never knew about ketchup on french fries ..
i grew up in Scotland .. it was brown sauce and malt vinegar ..

i don't like sauerkraut
i don't like green lima beans
i don't like vinegar
i don't like mustard
i don't like processed meats (balogna, hotdogs)

Me too, "Q". I was allergic to tomatoes as a child and even though I grew out of it I never got a taste for ketchup or similar sauces. I really don't like too much with cooked tomatoes though I will eat a bit of lasagna or spaghetti if is is cooked right (I would rather have a cream sauce).

Shellfish make me gag
Most BBQ sauces

any milkshake flavour other than vanilla or pineapple - seriously!

I'm with you on the BBQ sauce. I use to never eat bbq because of this. Then I discovered the dry rub stuff.... now that I can nosh on!

I love the smell of coffee, and I even like coffee flavored candies, but I don't like coffee.

I hate beer.

I don't like fresh figs.

I hate dates (always substitute raisins for them in recipes).

I hate black licorice.

I hate roasted peanuts.

I completely loathe cucumbers (except in pickle form).

I think that's about it. :-p

:)Barbara

Lobster-big seafarin' bug. Period.

Creme Fraiche
Marscapone cheese
After hearing these terms bandied about on food network for years, I had to try em'-both tasted like spoiled versions of Sour Cream and Philly cream cheese IMO

Romano cheese-Tastes like sweaty feet smell
Blue Cheese-Thats mold-need I say more?
Liver-never tried it, never will. Ditto on Brains, hearts, tongue and Foie Gras etc. No innards-thank you and good day.
Pretty much all mushrooms-well there was one particular variety that I favored when I was lots younger-they tasted awful but when you ate them you.....you know what? Lets not even tell that story-:LOL:
Brussel Sprouts/Asparagus
Lima Beans
Spinach-love it raw, hate it cooked!
Theres more, I need time to think...........

Some more things after reading the thread.

Any offal - I can't even take the smell. I especially dislike it when I am presented with a pork chop with a slice of kidney attached.
Blue cheese - my dad ate it all the time but I never got the taste for it.
whole large fish - the head gets me every time (I will eat whitebait though)

miniman....... fish and chips? Are you serious? (lol)
I thought that was like the national food over there.....

Yeah it is but I can't stand it when it is served and has soggy batter, mushy flesh and the chips are flabby. A well cooked fish and chips is great.

Lamb, brains, tongue. Most fish, with VERY few exceptions (think what they've been eating and "breathing") Yuk!

I'm sure there's other things as well; I just don't want to think too hard about it and get an upset tummy.

Ok, let me add:

Lima Beans
Liver (it serves three purposes in life: 1) Filtration of toxins such as ethanol and caffeine from the bloodstream, 2) Storage of fat-soluable vitamins and minerals, 3) Catfish bait. Notice that human consumption is NOT on that list)

I can eat chicken gizzards. I haven't tried any other innards, so I won't comment on them.

I refuse to consume brain tissue or central nervous tissue. Goggle "Crutchfeld-Jacob Disease" and/or Mad Cow Disease and see how it's spread.

andy, did you ever watch the "two old fat ladies"?

oops, sorry, it was just "two fat ladies". two old cods that loved to put bacon, butter, and lard on everything, especially offal. the english are famous for combining lean meats such as the leaner cuts of pork or beef, with fat and offal.

i happen to love offal, pork, and fat. i've yet to try "lights", though.

I've never see that. Could you be looking at a chop with the loin on one side of the bone and the tenderloin on the other side?

It's classic over here, some of the chops are alongside the kidney and the butcher slices the kidney as he cuts the chop - most people over here love it, but I ask the butcher to keep the kidney.

It's classic over here, some of the chops are alongside the kidney and the butcher slices the kidney as he cuts the chop - most people over here love it, but I ask the butcher to keep the kidney.

Sorry, miniman. That's a new one on me. Thanks for the education. I think I'd skip the kidney too. I might try them separately but not eith my chops.

I can't stand marshmallows, whipped cream and bananas. They all make me gag if I eat them.

Barb

There's a few ingredients I don't like. Most mainstream is cilantro. I'll use it in a dish to please the DW but thats it.

As for a complete dish, I'd have to say desserts. The DW makes the greatest Napoleon in the world (and yes, I will put it against any Napoleon out there) but sweets just aren't my thing.

:)I had no idea how many foods I dislike until I read this thread. Black licorice, organ meats, balogna, head cheese, corn dogs, cotton candy, candy corn, okra, fennel, parsnips, snails any thing over smoked, cheap lunch meats, lamb, mule deer but I like white tail deer, antelope , grappa, mackerel, canned peas, giblet gravy, spam. I'm sure there is more

Back
Top Bottom