The Place to Be

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Just want to thank the many people who make cooking and friendship that come together. We may not know each other, but the respect for each other is immense. People from all over the world, coming together just for a taste of the pallid.

Vitata, Dawg,(dawn), Andy, Snip,Kayle,Chief,Princess,Margi,Harry,Kati,hot stuff,Snip, And many more.
Thank you all, Love ya , Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Joey. We're all here, being ourselves and enjoying all the things you mentioned.

DiscussCooking IS a great place and at this time of thanksgiving (Thanksgiving in the US), we're all thankful for everyone and their contributions.

That's sweet, Joey! We do have a great bunch of folks here, and so glad you're one of them!

Last edited:
I haven't had much chance to speak with you Joey, but here's hoping that 2013 will be a forrunner of good things to come. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
kades

Thanks joey, you're an important part of this community as well. I think this is an amazing place. members from around the world who come together to share a common bond in food and cooking.

But there is a lot more to it than that. We share our lives here. it's a great place to be.

Thanks, Joey for saying what's on my mind everyday. I love this place and the folks who hang here.

I love this place too, it is my second home :)

You guys are all great and I love chatting with you all everyday :)

You are so right Joey! DC is a great place to be. Such friendly folks too! I'm glad I have this place to come to, especially after a long day at work.

with a few eloquent words, joey, you have laid at thanksgiving's doorstep a tribute to a unique fabric of friendship that we share here at dc. in ways both big and small, every added stitch strengthens that bond of friendship which we express daily through a vast network of threads--dinner threads, birthday threads, offers of sympathy, baking advice, threads of love, music and always laughter, always lots of laughter....

thank you joey, for your friendship, for your passion for food, and generous sharing of photos and recipes, shining with so much love, and natural talent that i'm often left in speechless admiration....

and thank you joey, for gathering us together in a group hug here at dc, with your timely thread at thanksgiving time. happy holidays, everybody.

Last edited:
my peking duckling thanksgiving dinner just arrived from a taste of china restaurant. this is the first thanksgiving i have spent by myself, and i am actually looking forward to it, in an odd sort of way. each of us dcers have our own set of circumstances on the eve of this thanksgiving. i am thankful for so many things, personally, and our dc community of friends from near and far, is one of the main things i am thankful for and which i cherish this year.

in the face of natural disasters and man-made ones, i am thankful for everyone who is at this time alive and safe around me--family and friends, acquaintances. i wish a happy holiday to everyone--so good that we are here.... :)

Last edited:
Oh gee whilikins. Whiskas gets a lump in his throat. I guess it's of the good kind. I appreciate you all and sure am glad I joined DC, as much for learning more about you/us everyday as for the cooking. Hugs.

Shrek and I have had "just the two of us"Thanksgivings foe the past couple of years. We used to have it at the facility, but I was working the floor and we both would add to the family atmosphere. Now that I am in an "office job", I am not allowed to work the holidays and we are not allowed to be at the facility if I am off the clock. I know, doesn't make sense to me, either.

So, I will be here off and on tomorrow to spend the holiday with my DC family who are present and with Shrek while we enjoy or meal and some movies.

I'm thankful for my patients, my DC family and most of all my own personal Ogre.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

I recall a few times during college and grad school, milleniums ago, when I couldn't get home, I cooked for a few of us "orphans". Wasn't anywhere near gourmet, but the food was plentiful and appreciated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom